Pro-652: Pro 652 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnrau

Hi I'm new here and need some help I purchased a RadioShack 652 scanner and would like to program it but I only want a few local police and ems and Fire I live in Huron County in Ontario Canada and I can't figure out how to program it can anybody help me out on this I do have the cable to program but can't figure this out Thanks

Redneck0410

The 652 is really a PRO-197 with a new name - so anything applying to the 197 works here.

This article from our wiki has links (always blue) to just about everything you need to know to get started...

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike
The only thing that will NOT work from the 197 to the 652 (and the 106 to 651) is the firmware files. Many people have tried and have effectively bricked their scanners trying to update the firmware.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

budevans

Give WIN500 a try

Hi I'm new here and need some help I purchased a RadioShack 652 scanner and would like to program it but I only want a few local police and ems and Fire I live in Huron County in Ontario Canada and I can't figure out how to program it can anybody help me out on this I do have the cable to program but can't figure this out Thanks

There are several software programs that make programming scanners much easier. The programs provide a Trial period of use of 30 days before you have to pay to keep using them.

The program that I'd recommend is WIN500. Here's a link to the WIN500 web page:
Win500: WS1040, WS1065, PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-651, PRO-652, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

I've found WIN500 to be very intuitive and easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.