Mixed mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3fs

I have a couple of local systems, who use mixed mode (P25 and analog). More than once I have heard one user in digital, and the other responding in analog. Currently, the only way to do this is to program the freq with PL (or DPL), and again with NAC. Yeah I am aware with the 436 I can put the freq in there as all mode. With the 396XT when I tried this there is at least a two second delay when receiving digital, before the radio will receive analog, and typically I have missed most of the response. I have not played with the 436 in this way, to see if the same delay exists. Having the two separate channels programmed, really does not work well, unless I want to manually toggle back and forth.

So..... to finally get to the point. As a firmware update, to allow mixed mode, it would be nice to have the capability to add PL (or DPL), AND NAC to a single frequency.

While I am thinking of it, PLEASE do something about the battery alert in the 436. It would be nice if that PIA alert would automatically go away after 5 seconds and the radio would continue doing what it was doing. It is very frustrating that when the batteries are low, the radio will do nothing until you hit the enter key. There are times I am doing things, and really cannot get to the radio, and it does nothing but beep. VERY ANNOYING,

Lastly, how about the analyze features as were advertised or at least an update on progress.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Or you could just program those frequencies in their own system with 0 delay and a 2 second hold time. The scanner will drop out immediately after it loses a carrier, but it will still scan across the 2 frequencies in question for 2 seconds (or however long you set it for) and then move on.

I'd love to see mixed mode too but this is just a simple work-around for scanners.

Voyager

Or you can use the SEARCH mode and get the NAC or CTCSS displayed. Depending on the system type, set the P25 Wait Time to 0 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.