Baltimore city feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Hi
Just curious to what happened to the Baltimore city feed, the only one thats on is the fireground feed, they had 3 structure fires about the same time monday night and was listening on the fireground feed, at that time the the other one was not working due to technical issues and now its gone, they were good to listen recently to because they have been real busy with fires and with the blizzard. I hope it comes back online

Thanks

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Huh. I don't even know who provided that feed- I guess they took it down, it doesn't even show as offline.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Which one is gone? EMS/Fire Dispatch? Damn. I guess I could rig up a temporary replacement until someone takes it over full time...

jasonk

Feed Provider
Baltimore City Feed

Unfortunately the person who hosted the Baltimore City Fire/EMS feed has passed away. If there is someone in the city that would agree to hosting the feed - I would be happy to ship them the Scanner. Please contact me directly if you are interested. Please make sure you have good reception of the system - and are familiar with the general operation of the uniden line of scanners.

Thanks

Jason K

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately the person who hosted the Baltimore City Fire/EMS feed has passed away. If there is someone in the city that would agree to hosting the feed - I would be happy to ship them the Scanner. Please contact me directly if you are interested. Please make sure you have good reception of the system - and are familiar with the general operation of the uniden line of scanners.

Thanks

Jason K
Oh wow thanks for the info, and that is sad. It was offline for a awhile before it was taken down which was probably a family member. I live in ct so i can not host the feed obvioulsy, hope someone does, its as popular as the fdny feeds at times. But chicago police will never be beat with 2 thousand a night listening sometimes

AD9O

Several years ago I hosted the Baltimore City feed. Now that I'm back I would be happy to look into doing so again if Spleen doesn't want to do it permanently.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
It's okay for now. I was only going to do it temporarily when I thought I'd have to use my PRO-106, but then I found an old PRO-2053 that was doing nothing, and that became the feeder. I wish I could do more about the hum, but I'm guessing it's because the laptop I'm using as the server doesn't have a line-in so I'm forced to use the mic input.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The hum could be caused by a ground loop (in which case an isolator is the answer), or the mic in is providing too much gain (some have a built in 20db amp that can be disabled in the soundcard software)

Mike

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
It ended up not mattering anyway, because sometime this morning the mike circuit died. Apparently, I should've plugged the jack into the headphone output, not the speaker output. I must have blown the mike circuit in the laptop, and I guess that also was the reason for the hum. I changed to the headphone output and stuck a little USB sound chip into it to get it back up and running. Volume is a bit lower than I'd prefer, but at least most of the hum is gone.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Couldn't get the volume any higher on the USB sound chip, so I ended up just swapping out the computer. Volume should be okay, now.

If there is no serious event going on later tonight, I'll have to reboot the computer because of the damned Windows Update was left on--it should only bring the feed down for a few minutes...

Last edited:

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Swapped computers, have the mic input way down, attached an isolator, still have some hum. I guess I'll have to live with it...

The hum could be caused by a ground loop (in which case an isolator is the answer), or the mic in is providing too much gain (some have a built in 20db amp that can be disabled in the soundcard software)

Mike

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Swapped computers, have the mic input way down, attached an isolator, still have some hum. I guess I'll have to live with it...

Not necessarily. The RadioFeed streaming software gives you the ability to set notch filters that can remove the hum. The filters are very effective.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
I swapped the cables and the hum is pretty much gone. I guess a plug was out of alignment and touching something it shouldn't have been...

Not necessarily. The RadioFeed streaming software gives you the ability to set notch filters that can remove the hum. The filters are very effective.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Until further notice, Fire Main is removed from the feed. They can't seem to get that hot mike situation under control and I can't listen to it as much as I like to in order to determine when it's happening.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
They must have fixed it. For now. Fire Main is back online.

Until further notice, Fire Main is removed from the feed. They can't seem to get that hot mike situation under control and I can't listen to it as much as I like to in order to determine when it's happening.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Not fixed. Fire Main is offline indefinitely. And xaydzj, you should enter trouble tickets for BPD in the appropriate section.

2016-05-18 22:56:15 xaydzj Other BPD (BALTIMORE CITY POLICE) OFFLINE

They must have fixed it. For now. Fire Main is back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.