BCD436HP/BCD536HP: I hated my BCD436 UNTILL.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAguln8839

I bought a BCD436 and my initial impression of it was not good. The audio was very hissy. it was hard to understand and the sound was pretty poor. Then I decided to add an external Bluetooth speaker. The audio improved greatly. The audio was now more bassy, much less hissy, and much louder. Now I am very happy with it. I don't know why they concentrate more on audio output when they design these scanners. To me it makes a night and day difference.

cpetraglia

I bought a BCD436 and my initial impression of it was not good. The audio was very hissy. it was hard to understand and the sound was pretty poor. Then I decided to add an external Bluetooth speaker. The audio improved greatly. The audio was now more bassy, much less hissy, and much louder. Now I am very happy with it. I don't know why they concentrate more on audio output when they design these scanners. To me it makes a night and day difference.
I run all my scanners through a 6 channel mixer to an amp with a nice set of bookshelf speakers. It is night and day. Crystal clear. For whatever reason, size keeps going down along with audio quality. I would love to have a big scanner with a 4 inch speaker. They could take out all the bells and whistles as well
Dream on.

Chuck

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I frequently hook one of mine thru auxiliary input on the radio in the car. The quality is about as good as any of the commercial broadcast stations.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I run all my scanners through a 6 channel mixer to an amp with a nice set of bookshelf speakers. It is night and day. Crystal clear. For whatever reason, size keeps going down along with audio quality. I would love to have a big scanner with a 4 inch speaker. They could take out all the bells and whistles as well
Dream on.

Chuck
When you hook up your base station scanners to mixer. Do you use the headphone output or external speaker output? Thank you.

Voyager

It's hard to get good bass quality out of a 2" (or less) speaker. On the other hand, tinny audio is much easier to understand than bassy audio which often sounds "muddy".

MAguln8839

Its a lot of personal preference, I like punchy loud audio, with both bass and treble up high, but not to tinny, you think they could add a bigger speaker an amplifier and some tone controls so everyone could tailor it for themselves.

MStep

I'll add my 2 cents--- I have both the 436 and the 536--- both receive very well, but there are times that the 536 audio does sound a little too bassy, and while the 436 may sound a little tinny or high-pitched, the audio is sometimes more discernible than the 536.

cpetraglia

Dream on.

Chuck
When you hook up your base station scanners to mixer. Do you use the headphone output or external speaker output? Thank you.
I use headphone jacks on all of them. Much closer impedance match to the mixer inputs than a speaker output.

Chuck

N7JGN

Premium Subscriber
Dream on.

Chuck
Hi Chuck.. I have a BCD536 with Wi-Fi capabilities.. how do I use it with my Bluetooth speaker? You help is needed.. LOL.. Thanks is Advance...
Doug

rcool101

Feed Provider
WiFi and Bluetooth have nothing to do with each other. You need a Bluetooth transmitter. Your Bluetooth speaker is the receiver. Check E-Pay. There's thousands of them. They're small and plug into your earphone jack or audio out

rcool101

Feed Provider
BCD536HP

Hi Chuck.. I have a BCD536 with Wi-Fi capabilities.. how do I use it with my Bluetooth speaker? You help is needed.. LOL.. Thanks is Advance...
Doug
I do too. I also use the ProScan program. You can use the wifi dongle to connect to ProScan. You can also control the audio on your PC speakers. So I guess if your PC is Bluetooth you could send the audio to a Bluetooth speaker. Mine isn't but I have a Bluetooth dongle. I'll try it someday

N7JGN

Premium Subscriber
WiFi and Bluetooth have nothing to do with each other. You need a Bluetooth transmitter. Your Bluetooth speaker is the receiver. Check E-Pay. There's thousands of them. They're small and plug into your earphone jack or audio out
Thanks much.. That's what I kinda was thinking.. I'll give it a try..
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.