800mhz Yagi

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadShackFan

I live about 19 miles from the nearest tower associated with my local city/county P25 sysytem. Using the radio shack 800 antenna, I barely picked up the system. I switched to a magnetic (Wilson) cell phone antenna, sitting on a small cookie sheet (ground plane) and on top of a tall book case. This improved the signal to 2 bars on my GRE 800, but I still had a lot of the digital garble in the traffic.

I took a chance and bought a Tram/Brownig 800mhz yagi from the antenna farm:

http://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/tram-browning-br-6386-3585.html

Mounted the antenna in the attic, fed with 25' of quad shield RG6. The P25 system now comes in at full scale with absolutely no garble. A side benefit is another P25 system, Alabama First Responder Network, is also coming in at the same level even though its only tower is 90 degrees to the yagi @ 14 miles and in the 700mhz area.

Anyone needing a good directional antenna should consider this antenna.

majoco

Stirrer
I notice the ones lying on the roof, bottom right in your pic.

Do the antennas die and fall off like the tree leaves in the fall? :)

Violation

NDRADIONUT, Do you have these yagis phased, or they being run individually? If so, do you know where I can get the information for proper phasing? I have a Wilson 8 element in the attic trying to pull in an 850 system 26 air miles away. It works somewhat with my PRO-106, but my 996xt is deaf. I'm using 25 feet of good RG-6 on this antenna. Its attic mounted due to the HOA. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.