Windows 10 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

BN203

Premium Subscriber
I have been unable to read my BCD536HP since I upgraded to Windows 10. Has anyone experienced this issue or can guide what I may have done wrong? I have Sentinel and ARCPRO installed and neither will recognize the scanner or mass storage.

johnp3205

Premium Subscriber
No problem

I have windows 10 pro 64 bit and have no problems with Sentinel or ARC 536pro. Sorry I can't help you solve your problem but I don't experience it myself.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I moved your question here since it is not a RR database issue.

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
I too have Win 10 64bit Pro. New install. Had the HomePatrol Sentinal app on here first, worked great. Recently purchased the 536, that worked first time in mass storage mode. I have not done any serial control yet (Today I will).

Sorry this may not help you but at least we know Win10 works.

BN203

Premium Subscriber
I have now tried reading the micro SD card outside of the BCD536HP and was successful. Used an external reader with the same cable I am using on the scanner. All the information is on the card as long as I read it in the external device. However using the same cable and placing the micro SD card back into the BCD536HP, I am unable to get Sentinel to even show the card. I know I have to be doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas? Step by step instructions might be helpful as I must be doing something wrong.

BN203

Premium Subscriber
I have looked in Windows 10 and cannot find out how to change the port number. Any help in this area would also be helpful. It has to be something simple.

Meskoman

Check your Device Manager with the Scanner plugged in and see if there is a driver problem.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Check your Device Manager with the Scanner plugged in and see if there is a driver problem.

To add - delete the driver as it probably has the wrong one loaded, then plug the scanner in and hope it finds the proper one (mass storage)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There is no port number involved when trying to read the card. When you connect the scanner to the PC, you must select "Mass Storage Mode." If you select Serial mode (or allow the prompt to time out) you will not be able to read the card.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
When the scanner is connected to the computer and in "Mass Storage Mode" it acts like a removable drive. You can use your Windows Explorer to "see" that it is there before starting Sentinel. That confirms a "good" connection.

Something I noticed in transitioning to Windows 10: In Windows 8 the scanner showed up as a removable drive with a description. In Windows 10 it's just a drive letter that wasn't there before the connection without a description.

Voyager

I'm wondering if the serial port timeout (default) is turning out to be a double-edged sword. I've helped a number of people who didn't realize they had to do something when connecting a PC to the scanner. They could not get it to read the card. Missing the Mass Storage action was the reason.

KF7IJZ

I too am having this problem exactly as the OP. I have Windows 10 64bit and all my USB ports are USB 3 - maybe that's the problem?

Voyager

After you select MASS STORAGE on the scanner, does anything show in Device Manager?

Dragon911

After you select MASS STORAGE on the scanner, does anything show in Device Manager?

IIRC It would show up as a USB storage device and show up as a drive in explorer.

The same as if there was a card reader attached to the PC.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
I have been unable to read my BCD536HP since I upgraded to Windows 10. Has anyone experienced this issue or can guide what I may have done wrong? I have Sentinel and ARCPRO installed and neither will recognize the scanner or mass storage.

On 09/03/15 Uniden released a firmware update for the BCD536Hp to be compatible with Windows 10.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
USB problems

Whenever you delete a port, it is a good idea to disconnect the radio and reboot before attempting to reinstall.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
All of my x36 scanners worked fine with Windows 10, from the first betas to today. So I sure would like to know what Uniden released to "be compatible with Windows 10" as well. As far as that goes, Win500, ARC160, Sentinel, and the various GRE/RS/Whistler software for SD-card based scanners worked without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.