Current San Diego Zoo Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric1946

I was down in Balboa Park this morning when my wife attended an orchid show. I tried to monitor the San Diego Zoo radio frequencies without luck. (The last time I did so was on 10-24-15 and I was able to hear all of them with no trouble.) Have the frequencies changed or have they changed to a radio system similar to the one used at the Wild Animal Park? All information will be greatly appreciated.

Eric1946

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Thanks for the update. I have had some success listening to the Wild Animal Park (okay Safari Park) using my CS700. Will have to give it a try at the zoo now.

Eric1946

Thanks for all of this information. (I now realize that I will need a radio other than my little HomePatrol-1 in order to continue listening to the S.D. Zoo’s radio traffic.) I did a little research and the MD-380 sounds like it will meet my needs providing it can be programmed for what I want it to do. I am not a licensed HAM and do NOT plan to use it to transmit. I would want it programmed so that it will not transmit if accidentally keyed. Also, if I’m monitoring the Zoo’s frequencies, I would want my radio to be completely invisible to their system and programmed so that it won’t “hand-shake” or acknowledge any commands from them. As someone who is easily intimidated by modern technology, I would feel better having someone who knows what they’re doing program my “zoo” radio for me. If I were to buy an MD-380 locally, could the dealer program it to meet my requirements? If so, can anyone recommend a reliable dealer and/or DMR scanner programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.