Buttons losing markings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdxny

Premium Subscriber
My not quite 4 month old bcd325p2 scanner is losing the ink markings on the buttons. Function button already blank, others headed that way.
Any suggestions? I hate to send in to Uniden to replace if it just happen again, and have to be without the scanner for months...

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
The x36HP has the same problem. The old design on the 996T had recessed digits in the buttons. It was a much more durable design.

Tortue

Disappearing ink...

I managed to get a hold of a Samantha at Uniden Support.
I requested a few keypads to replace my 3 month old keypad. Same problem as yours.
She said that she would send them on to me when they come in.
They're easy to replace, with steady hands and good vision.
Sure it's a warranty issue, but who knows how long it'll take to get it back.
Jon

ab5r

Years ago, I would dab a little Clear fingernail polish on the buttons to protect from wear. It worked for me.

SCPD

QRT
Years ago, I would dab a little Clear fingernail polish on the buttons to protect from wear. It worked for me.
Sad this problem appeared years ago I'm thinking 396XT The problem was identified as cheap ink from China. So Uniden does it again, they must really want to go out of business badly.
My older scanner and Uniden buttons look like they just came off the factory floor.
Shame, Shame Uniden

rdxny

Premium Subscriber
Jon:
I was able to get Uniden to send me a keypad(or will.. back-ordered)
It will break warranty to sub, so I will wait til I'm off warranty anyway, then change.
Did you swap yours yet? any gotcha's to look out for taking it apart?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.