• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR7550 programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
I am using Win-7 & XP. I open the CPS, then turn on my radio and the computer screen goes blank. I have to reboot my computer and the same thing happens. My current CPS ver is r11.5, any suggestions?

N4KVE

You can not use your XP on CPS newer than CPS 11, so forget about the XP machine. When I upgraded from 10.5, to 11.5, I had to purchase a Win 7 machine.

RayAir

Can you bypass the cable and just read/write to it via Bluetooth?

RayAir

Have you programmed that XPR 7550 before or is it a new radio?

What firmware version is in your 7550?

Do you have the B version cable?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Boot the computer with the radio plugged in and turned on and see what it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Can you bypass the cable and just read/write to it via Bluetooth?
For some reason Win-7 will not establish a Bluetooth connection with my cps, a popup saying check a comm port. I was able to keep the radio on once without my computer crashing but still says check for a proper compatible cable. I am using ver-12.xx. My NEW cable will arrive today but if I am still having problems I will try a new radio housing if the side port is defective, I about given up on ideas.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
For some reason Win-7 will not establish a Bluetooth connection with my cps, a popup saying check a comm port. I was able to keep the radio on once without my computer crashing but still says check for a proper compatible cable. I am using ver-12.xx. My NEW cable will arrive today but if I am still having problems I will try a new radio housing if the side port is defective, I about given up on ideas.

There's a problem. TRBOCPS doesn't use COM ports. Everything is set up as network devices. So it's like using your phone as a hotspot via Bluetooth connection. When you plug your cable in, it sets up a LAN connection between the USB port and radio, no different than plugging in a network cable to a router.

RayAir

Check in Network Connections and make sure Bluetooth isn't disabled on your computer.

Click the "show hidden icons" arrow on the bottom right of your computer screen. Click the Bluetooth symbol. Click "add device". Go into Bluetooth on your XPR 7550 and start "Find me".

Windows should discover the radio.

Attachments

• MotoTRBO CPS BT.jpg
    MotoTRBO CPS BT.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 911

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Well, after many hours staying up till 3-am to trying to fix my problem I can read my radio. It was not the cable, but, I need to order a new EID from Moto so I can Write it. The problem reverted back to where I started so I think there is a problem with my Win-7, it will NOT recognize or detect my Moto as "Mototrbo" when I tried to add a bluetooth device. Funny thing, when I used the program cable, my Moto appeared in the box as a device I think I will try to install Win-8 or 10. Appreciate everyone's help.

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
What EID do you need that would prevent writing to a radio? The 7550 has everything you need out of the box unless you are trying to do Connect Plus.

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
When I select "Write" It's asking me for an Entitlement ID number to write to a radio for the 20/25-kc split. Something moto started I think with rebanding started over a year back. It will not let me write.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
When I select "Write" It's asking me for an Entitlement ID number to write to a radio for the 20/25-kc split. Something moto started I think with rebanding started over a year back. It will not let me write.

Nothing to do with rebanding, that is something completely different. This is about narrow banding. This goes back CPS ver 8.0 or so. There's a fix for this other than waiting for Motorola to issue you the entitlement key.:)

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I taken my computer to Best Buy and they did something in the configuration, now I can use bluetooth with no problems. It was not the cable, although I purchased Windows-10, I am a happy camper now.

Amos

Status
Not open for further replies.