Help with unknown shuttle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

Does anyone know who operates on 461.1000 pl 123.0? I'm in central San Diego and get 5+ bars reception.

It is a pretty busy shuttle service and all of their destinations and pickup locations are numbers.

The most popular pickup and drop off locations are 18, 15, 22, 23 & 26.
This has bugged me for a while and wonder if anyone else can help ID these guys.

kma371

QRT
The db lists a rental car shuttle at KSAN but the PL is different. Maybe it's changed?

JoeyC

It could be Budget rental car at SAN but unlike the listing in the database, this is a repeater operating. All other shuttles I have monitored at the airport operate at a much lower power and can not even be received at my location.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
It is likely Budget Rental car at SAN, but I agree the license is set up incorrectly (FB vs FB2, certainly not unheard of with FCC licenses):
WPVR612 (BW-Budget-SDA, LLC) FCC Callsign Details

It could also be this repeater on Mt Woodson, provided by Palomar Communications which is a very popular radio company in San Diego: WNWF375 (PALOMAR COMMUNICATIONS INC) FCC Callsign Details

If this shuttle company is leasing the radios and repeater/license from Palomar Communications (much like a subscriber on a commercial trunking system), your best bet is to continue monitoring and hope somebody drops a more detailed location. Mt Woodson covers the airport but it also covers a lot of north county as well, so you have a large potential coverage area.

It should be fairly easy for you to tell if you are hearing Mt Woodson or a local repeater at the airport by scanning from other parts of the city. Next time you're at SAN, take a look at the "transit islands" at terminal 1 and 2. Usually large airports have many numbered stops like you're describing, and it should be fairly easy to verify. Good luck!

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The new consolidated Rental Car Center at KSAN opened on 1/20/16; with the opening, almost all rental agencies are co-located, and KSAN provides the shuttle. So I suspect JoeyC is hearing somebody else on Palomar Communication's repeater on Mt. Woodson.

Status
Not open for further replies.