McClain/Grady County area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firecop203

I asked this question awhile back and I was wondering if there were any changes. What is needed or is it even possible to scan McClain and Grady County radios?

N5TWB

Looks like you need a scanner that is easy to get a discriminator tap so you can feed it to a computer with DSD software to listen to DMR. After decoding the agency talk groups, time slots, and color codes then you can buy a DMR radio to listen to those agencies using it.

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
McClain County and Grady is also on the 800 OKWIN System also OKWIN -- Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies

I used my RS Pro 163 analog trunking scanner with a discriminator tap and DSD to decode the CC and the time slot and talk groups for Seminole County and Konawa Police Fire and EMS I have them programmed into my Tytera MD-380 DMR/Analog handheld The MD-380 works really good and is not bad for a 139 dollar handheld radio.. I also have Newcastle PD programmed in the MD380 an can hear them at Ada when the band is up..

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I used my RS Pro 163 analog trunking scanner with a discriminator tap and DSD to decode the CC and the time slot and talk groups for Seminole County and Konawa Police Fire and EMS I have them programmed into my Tytera MD-380 DMR/Analog handheld The MD-380 works really good and is not bad for a 139 dollar handheld radio.. I also have Newcastle PD programmed in the MD380 an can hear them at Ada when the band is up..

I really wish someone would do a dual-band DMR radio! I really want to have the ability to listen, on batteries, to the OEC line crews during outages but I also want to be able to use the DMR repeater at OU (443.825, CC1).

But I have a borrowed UHF DMR radio so I'll settle for a DMR key for my BCD436HP. :lol:

N5TWB

McClain County and Grady is also on the 800 OKWIN System also OKWIN -- Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies

Cool - interesting coverage. Just got my MD-380 UHF on Monday, really like it. I have a CS750, too.

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
I really wish someone would do a dual-band DMR radio! I really want to have the ability to listen, on batteries, to the OEC line crews during outages but I also want to be able to use the DMR repeater at OU (443.825, CC1).

But I have a borrowed UHF DMR radio so I'll settle for a DMR key for my BCD436HP. :lol:

TYT has a UVF10 dualband DMR radio TYT DM-UVF10 Dual Band DPMR Digital Transceiver Digital Portable Mobile Radio VHF UHF Walkie Talkie Two Way Radio Brand of Radio TYT

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Newcastle PD

Getting their PD on S1, CC 4, TG 24279 OK (even when set to One Freq Trunk!) on 152.18.

But the UID is always "1". If this were OKWIN and a particular agency always showed up with the same UID regardless I'd say it was a patch from a conventional system ... could this be what's happening here? Can't imagine why, but ...

nd5y

I've seen the same thing on a P25 conventional repeater. Everything is RID 1. It's not linked or patched to anything. It may be the repeater doing it and not the user radios but I don't know for sure.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Help me with this

local pd moved to dmr, been listening with discriminator tap. Upgraded my dsdplus yesterday - had to disable Norton Utilities.
I see on the streaming screen that the CC is 9

Here's what I see on event log:

Group Call; TG=3 RID= 801 Slot 1 1s
Group Call; TG=3 RID= 1 Slot 1 9s
Group Call; TG=3 RID=802 Slot 1 2s
Group Call; TG=3 RID= 270 Slot 2 1s
Group Call; TG=3 RID= 8010 Slot 1 12s

801 and 802 I know are officer designators on their system.

Can there really be a TG 3? Will someone interpret this for me?

nd5y

As far as I know DMR talkgroup IDs can be any number from 1 to 16777215 (000001 - FFFFFF hex). DSD+ shows them as decimal numbers.
16777215 is all call. I don't remember if DMR has other special function talkgroup IDs.

Whoever programs the radios and system can use whatever numbers they want.
The strange thing (to me) is having the same talkgroup on both time slots. Are those all on the same RF channel?

Last edited:

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Talk groups

Thanks Tom, ya all on same channel. Dont really know how they got tricked into going dmr, it's only a 6 officer department. So if you put the all call id in, you will hear all traffic on the channel?

nd5y

So if you put the all call id in, you will hear all traffic on the channel?
My only experience is using DSD+ 1.101 with discriminator audio. On conventional DMR repeaters you hear all traffic regardless of what talkgroup is used.

I don't know how DSD+ fast lane versions, SDRs, DMR scanners or real DMR radios handle different talkgroups or the all call group.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
The strange thing (to me) is having the same talkgroup on both time slots. Are those all on the same RF channel?

I readily admit to not really knowing anything about the inner workings of DMR or any of the vendor extensions ... but ... Is a talkgroup on one of the slots the same as a talkgroup on the other slot? Could it be that TGID 3 on Slot 1 is (say) dog catcher but TGID 3 on Slot 2 is (say) the water dept?

With 16M possible TGIDs (bet there are "special" numbers in there) it's not like they need to duplicate, though ...

nd5y

Is a talkgroup on one of the slots the same as a talkgroup on the other slot? Could it be that TGID 3 on Slot 1 is (say) dog catcher but TGID 3 on Slot 2 is (say) the water dept?
I don't see why not but I don't know that much about DMR. I can't find any information on whether or not it's even possible or if radio programming software will allow it. So far I haven't seen a system with the same TGID on both slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.