feed dropouts with winamp & flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Anyone else experiencing the streaming stop after about 5-10 minutes when using winamp or flash the last few weeks? Seems to be fine on scanner radio on same wifi network.

Jason

rbm

Winamp works fine for me on my computers.
That's normally what I use to monitor all of my feeds.
Just make sure you have 'Toggle Repeat' turned on. Then, it will reconnect if you loose connectivity for any reason.

Since you mentioned Scanner Radio ................... ;)
If you're talking about smart phone apps, I don't use Winamp there.
I tried it a long time ago and it didn't work to my liking.

I have Android phones and use Scanner Radio, Scanner Radio Pro, XiiaLive, and TuneIn Radio.
(The Broadcastify app will not stay connected. So I no longer use it.)

Rich

The desktop on one of 11 computers:

Edit:
Also, if you go into the Winamp preferences and 'Allow Multiple Instances' you can listen to as many scanners as your ears, and you computer's horsepower will allow.

Last edited:

Smiley828

Premium Subscriber
I have an issue and hopefully you can help me resolve it. I have Winamp and love it when it comes to listening to the feeds.

I have selects the Multiple Instances option and I still can open only one feed at a time. Can someone explain how I can have multiple feeds open and operating at one time?

Thank you in advance.

John

rbm

I have an issue and hopefully you can help me resolve it. I have Winamp and love it when it comes to listening to the feeds.

I have selects the Multiple Instances option and I still can open only one feed at a time. Can someone explain how I can have multiple feeds open and operating at one time?

Thank you in advance.

John

You must open WinAMP for EACH instance.
You can see that in the images in the post above.
In the bottom screen capture, I started WinAMP eight times and OPENED the URL for each feed.

(You may have to create a new 'Shortcut' and use that to open the instances if what you are using now only starts one.)

Then, you can RIGHT click on the PLAY button, and select "OPEN URL".
Paste or type the URL you want to play.
Then: Click on "OPEN"

After the first time you type or paste a URL there, it will be available in that drop down box in the future.

In WinAMP
Right click on the top of the WinAMP window
Select: Options
Then: Preferences

See the first image below:
Then check the box to "Allow Multiple Instances"
That will allow you to start as many WinAMP sessions as you want and your computer horsepower can handle.

You can also have WinAMP display any text tags that are streamed.
See the second image below.
"Read the metadata"

Rich

To allow multiple instances of WinAMP:

To see text tags:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.