EDacs Frequencys Moving to P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmisk

It looks like things are happening now with the EDACS to P25 switch.

It looks like EDACS logical frequency's 3, 4, 8, and 13 are now being used on the P25 system.
Could another listener confirm this please.

Thanks!

Mike

mciupa

Database Admin
Most likely Ottawa Public Safety EDACS and P25.

mmisk

Ottawa EDACS

Yes it is the Ottawa EDACS system.

Sorry, I should have been more clear on that.

Mike

bpsmicro

Yes, the plan is that as system users migrate, individual frequencies will be reallocated. Both systems can monitor "loading" and people in charge can decide when to shift frequencies over. Eventually, all EDACS frequencies will be reallocated, but at the rate things are going I'm expecting many more months.
Luckily, modern scanners can do control-channel-only scanning, so the average user need not be concerned.

Hopefully soon the talkgroup allocations will stabilize so people can start submitting to the database.

Brad.

DaveH

I can confirm those LCNs are gone from EDACS but don't know if they are all in use on P25 system.

Most city services have transitioned, some exceptions such as Bylaw. Most OC Transpo group call
activity appears to have moved over, but bus I-call (a very large part of overall traffic) is still on EDACS.

I see PD activity still on EDACS. Telltale sign of switchover is a small black toothpick antenna on vehicle
versus older gain whip, and I still see both on police vehicles.

Para-Transpo is busy on P25 system.

Fire is still mostly EDACS with sometime patching of TGs. There is noticable audio delay on vehicles, shorter for dispatchers. Airport Fire was patched, on P25 was ENC.

Dave

bpsmicro

The Paramedic service, which only uses the EDACS system for special operations, hasn't even begun thinking about switching. Since they only use portables, once the decision is made, it should go quickly.

sudsyjkh

Has the CC on the p25 side changed? Just realized I haven't heard any APCO transmissions for a week or so. I only monitor a couple TG's on there so far, but know there should be regular traffic. I do have all 7 id'd freques entered for site-1, which I assume will be the main one.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
It looks like things are happening now with the EDACS to P25 switch.

It looks like EDACS logical frequency's 3, 4, 8, and 13 are now being used on the P25 system.
Could another listener confirm this please.

Thanks!

Mike

Mike..
I am confused here I see LCN's 3 4 and 8 in the RR database but when I looked for LCN 13 I didn't see it although there are two LCN 10 listed one in the Main site and one in the West site listing.. is that a typo? what is the freq for LCN 13?

mmisk

I believe you are asking about the EDACS system.

It is because some of the frequency's are moving to the P25 system, and perhaps that is why the confusion.

Here is what is now in use as of this weekend:

P25 system:
867.2125 Control Frequency at this time.

Mike

Last edited:

bpsmicro

Some TGs are encrypted. One of my sources says that the long-term plan (definition of which is unclear) is that *everybody* will eventually be encrypted. But at the rate the system adoption is going, anything is subject to change at this point.

sudsyjkh

Sorry guys: being partially blind, I'm not able to grab the tg id's...Even when scanning in id-search mode and saving them to the radio, then pulling the data with the software, I'm not able to tell which ones are for which users...Seems like the fire ones are in the 3xxx range.

Status
Not open for further replies.