BCD996P2 HELP programming..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweetybird62

HELP.. I need scanner programming for dummies.. have this scanner .. first put a conventional system on was scanning great :) didn't know how to add Highway patrol Talk Group to it so had a friend who is a highway patrol program it.. now... it picks up all the Talk groups.. but no conventional.. how do I get it to pick up both.. when I look as systems.. it shows all.....HELP

captclint

Mentor
What is your county and state? If you assigned a quick key to your conventional, you may have turned it off by hitting the quick key. If so, hit the quick key while scanning to turn it back on.. Both conventional and trunked should scan together if no locked out.

Tweetybird62

Phelps County MO I had the conventional system first... it was picking up great... I couldn't or didn't know how to put on the talk groups.. so a friend, a highway patrolman did it for us... ever since it stop picking up conventional.. I didn't assign a key to the conventional should I??? I only hear the talk groups.. and I know before the hospital and ambulances were very chatty... now nothing.. just the talkgroups....

captclint

Mentor
When you created the conventional group, you had to name it. Do you see that name anytime while the unit is scanning? If not, your friend must have done something to lock it or the group out. You can either try creating a new conventional system and entering the frequencies again, or this:

To Unlock All Conventional Systems, Trunked Sites, Groups, Channels, and Searches in scan mode press then press and hold L/O until 'Unlock All Systems?' appears. Press E/

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Its better to assign a "System Quick Key # to all systems you create as to keep order in the scanner.....The same goes for "Groups Quick Key" otherwise you have a big mess in a big scanner!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.