NJSP Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
How come i havent heard talkgroup 26864 in a while is it still active ?

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
That falls under Central NJ does that include extreme NW Corner ?

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
sorry for the late response, i live in troop B North so would i put in for the sites central NJ or would i put in Troop B site when i put in C3-1 Thanks

Analogrules

Program the Site frequencies in for the area you live closest to. For example, if you live in North Jersey, program the Site frequencies for North Jersey. However, you can program and hear ALL tallkgroups in the entire system. The TGs simulcast over all sites.

Keep in mind this only true for the NJ State 800 system. The NJICS system does not simulcast across all sites/frequencies. At least not yet.

KC2PXV

Keep in mind this only true for the NJ State 800 system. The NJICS system does not simulcast across all sites/frequencies. At least not yet.

OFF-Topic question for you, do we know yet if the NJICS has plans for a statewide simulcast like NJSP has now?

scannersnstuff

question for n2zge

Program the Site frequencies in for the area you live closest to. For example, if you live in North Jersey, program the Site frequencies for North Jersey. However, you can program and hear ALL tallkgroups in the entire system. The TGs simulcast over all sites.

Ben, can you take a look at my question in marine talkgroups all mixed up thread. any help would be appreciated. i know i can't cross post my question. thank you.

W2SJW

Database Admin
OFF-Topic question for you, do we know yet if the NJICS has plans for a statewide simulcast like NJSP has now?

Highly unlikely. In the grand scheme of things these days with P25 TRS's, wide-area blasting of TG's into areas that have no need for them is a waste of precious RF space.

As far as I know, anyone on NJICS can pull a TG into whatever site they might be affiliating with. My buddy is Montclair police officer & lives in Monmouth County. If he turns his department-issued portable on at home, he will pull the MPD main channel down through into whatever sites covers where he lives (I told him to do it as soon as they cut over - I was real interested to see if REMU enabled restricted roaming...).

Status
Not open for further replies.