NJSP...Why do I hear A and B in C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobs

Premium Subscriber
Live in Bucks County, PA. Only site programmed is Troop C Simulcast. I hear all of C and B2-05 all of the time. Other A and B TGIS hit or miss. Why do I hear any A or B and why not all of them all of the time?
BCD996P2 with Channel Master All Band antenna in the attic.

Thanks......

ansky

Is it always the same A or B talkgroup that you hear on the Troop C simulcast? Maybe certain talkgroups from A and B have some overlap into C.

W2SJW

Database Admin
You hear that because someone in Troop C's area has a mobile or portable sitting on that TG from the other troop (the system allows seamless roaming as a SmartZone OmniLink).

There are very few TG's that are actually programmed in the system core as 'state-wide'. Everything else is due in part to what I explained above.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
From what I hear driving a lot and monitoring from home, the troop C part of the system seems to carry the most traffic with patrol channels and others from troop A and B carried almost constantly. Also on troop A you will hear all of the troop C patrol channels and on Troop B you will hear all of the troop C channels.

scannersnstuff

yes, what Scott said. i only listen to north/south medevac, and general aviation. while i'll be the first to say that my antenna setup is crappy @ best, i wish someone would bring their portable home to troop c. leave it on,so that i can hear the north medevac group.

AlexC

Database Admin
Please do not forget talkgroups can be requested on sites. This means even if no radio is affiliated that the talkgroup will pass over the site regardless if a subscriber is there to listen. This is to allow for scan to function properly and usually allows for boarder troops to listen to another troop while on patrol.

bobs

Premium Subscriber
Please do not forget talkgroups can be requested on sites. This means even if no radio is affiliated that the talkgroup will pass over the site regardless if a subscriber is there to listen. This is to allow for scan to function properly and usually allows for boarder troops to listen to another troop while on patrol.
This is most likely the case with B2-05 which borders C Troop..

Status
Not open for further replies.