Listening to WSP with BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

onesixeight

Premium Subscriber
Hi...

I recently purchased a BCD396XT and used Freescan and my Radio Reference premium subscription to program my scanner.

I tried to program WSP frequencies but I don't hear anything. Should I be able to listen to WSP with this scanner?

Sorry for my newbie question. I just converted from a Home Patrol 1 and still working my way through programming my scanner.

Thank you for your help and any suggestions :)

SCPD

QRT
Only if you are listening to the conventional frequencies. The scanner won't work if you're trying to receive the 700 Mhz trunk. You didn't mention where you're located so it's hard to suggest anything else.

onesixeight

Premium Subscriber
Only if you are listening to the conventional frequencies. The scanner won't work if you're trying to receive the 700 Mhz trunk. You didn't mention where you're located so it's hard to suggest anything else.

I'm in Bellevue too. Would there be a scanner that would work with the 700Mhz trunk?

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
Why not just program the conventional? Save yourself some money. For the 700 Mhz trunk you would need a Phase 2 scanner such as the Uniden 325/996 P2, 436/536HP, or Whistler 1088/1098.

onesixeight

Premium Subscriber
I was going to just return the 396xt and get something different. But if I program the conventional, should I still be able to listen to WSP from the Seattle area?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

onesixeight

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for my ignorance...what is JIWN? Thanks!!! :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Stavro35

Justice integrated wireless network. Look in the database. You'll see several sites listed. You might catch some federal agencies in the clear. You'll hear WSP for sure.

code3kid

The 700mhz Phase II system is a simulcast of the JIWN. You'll hear everything on the VHF JIWN you would on the 700mhz system.

SCPD

QRT
Justice integrated wireless network. Look in the database. You'll see several sites listed. You might catch some federal agencies in the clear. You'll hear WSP for sure.

If he's in Bellevue then you don't really need it. You're roughly ~5 miles or less from WSP HQ in Eastgate from just about anywhere. Direct repeaters work fine.

VancouverScan

Why not just program the conventional? Save yourself some money. For the 700 Mhz trunk you would need a Phase 2 scanner such as the Uniden 325/996 P2, 436/536HP, or Whistler 1088/1098.
You can also listen to the 700MHz Phase 2 system on a GRE PSR-800, RS-668 & a Whistler 1080 HH scanners.

onesixeight

Premium Subscriber
Hi Gentlemen. I programmed the JIWN trucked frequencies downloaded from RR database but I still don't hear anything. I'm guessing because I don't have a Phase II scanner.

I'm deciding between getting a Home Patrol 2 or 436HP as my Phase II scanner. Any thoughts if those would be good choices? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onesixeight

Premium Subscriber
I got the 436HP yesterday and I still can't hear anything on WSP frequencies or JIWN. I updated the database using the sentinel software but don't hear anything.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

onesixeight

Premium Subscriber
I got my 436 to finally work. Thanks all for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.