SDR Console Mirror signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpetraglia

Using SDR Console for a local analog PD, every time they transmit I get multiple signals across the screen.
I have included a screenshot. These are all from one frequency transmitting. Have I missed an adjustment? What causes this?

Chuck

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Hi Chuck,

Also, you don't mention what you're using for a SDR. I'm guessing RTL dongle, which may be problematic out of the gate in certain situations. +1 on reducing gain to as low as possible and then bumping it up until you hit a threshold.

KC1UA

Database Admin
Well looking closer at the screenshot again I see it's an SDRPlay. My next question is what version of SDR Console are you using? It's my understanding that there's a new version that provides access to a lot more settings for the SDRPlay, so if you're not utilizing the latest you may want to consider updating the software.

I own a SDRPlay and it does quite well for me, but I primarily use an older version of SDR# with it.

cpetraglia

I am using an SDR Play. Using Ver. 2.3 at this time. I have been looking for the new version and it seems as if it has not been released yet. Someone please point me in the right direction if it has been released. I've been checking daily for two weeks.
Reducing the gain lowers the s-value but does not stop the spurious signals.

Thanks, Chuck

KC1UA

Database Admin
Version 2.3 Build 2381 is the latest release. I believe it was released today; yesterday at the most. It is supposed to address multiple issues with SDRPlay.

HelixArray

I get these mirrored signals as well, accept they aren't exactly mirrored to the original true signal but you can hear them... I've seen up to nine different peaks overlapping other channels. It only happens on two different frequencies for me, both local frequencies. Problem stopped after I migrated away from the dongles though.

cpetraglia

Version 2.3 Build 2381 is the latest release. I believe it was released today; yesterday at the most. It is supposed to address multiple issues with SDRPlay.
I found and installed 2381. Now I am getting 9-10 on the signal meter without signal. I cannot lower the gain to below - 55 dbm quiet. I was getting -125 before. I see the differences in the new build but cant seem to change this. I am using the newest Mirics driver.

Chuck

KC1UA

Database Admin
Of course I'm making the suggestion to try 2381 and I'm not using it yet! :D

Not sure what the interface is but by chance is there an LNA and/or Tuner AGC check box, and if so I wonder if unchecking one or both will make a difference.

I have read at the SDRPlay forum and also the SDR-Radio Yahoogroup that it's working well with it, so it must be a matter of tweaking at this point.

cpetraglia

I finally realized that the gain adjustment has been reversed which makes much more sense. The only thing I still notice is the center spike which was discussed as having been addressed in this version. I am still very impressed with this software. More tweaking. Works great.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.