HP-2: DB updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0GXN

I think I know the answer to this question, but I figured I would toss it out there, since I have been wondering about it for some time...

When you complete your weekly DB update, does your FL get updated too? For example, lets say I have a P-25 system in my FL and a new tower/site comes online does it get updated in the FL as well?

Or another example, would be if a PL tone gets added/updated on a conventional frequency I have in my FL, etc, would be changed/updated automatically ?

phask

Premium Subscriber
Nope - Db update never affects your FL.

I think I know the answer to this question, but I figured I would toss it out there, since I have been wondering about it for some time...

When you complete your weekly DB update, does your FL get updated too? For example, lets say I have a P-25 system in my FL and a new tower/site comes online does it get updated in the FL as well?

Or another example, would be if a PL tone gets added/updated on a conventional frequency I have in my FL, etc, would be changed/updated automatically ?

Voyager

Many of us have better info in our FLs that we would not want altered (re-corrupted) by the update.

KE0GXN

I get that, just would be nice if the option was available for those that did not have that concern.

Kind of like tower ID..... ;)

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I just monitor my area's updates on my RR homepage and manually update my FLs. (I was used to this from programming my XTs). I like to set delays, capitalize everything, and set +3 volumes anyway.

Voyager

I get that, just would be nice if the option was available for those that did not have that concern.

Kind of like tower ID..... ;)

If you want to update your FLs regardless of the issues I mentioned, simply right-click on them in the main dB, select APPEND TO FL, select your FL and they will be added.

KE0GXN

We are just talking a out when you do the weekly update to the master database on the HP-2....I was curious if it automatically updated stuff in your favorite lists too.

It does not.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
If you want to update your FLs regardless of the issues I mentioned, simply right-click on them in the main dB, select APPEND TO FL, select your FL and they will be added.

If you use this procedure, does it create a duplicate entry in the FL, or simply update the existing "matching" FL entry without making a dupe channel?

Voyager

If you use this procedure, does it create a duplicate entry in the FL, or simply update the existing "matching" FL entry without making a dupe channel?

If nothing was changed, it will ignore the duplicate entries and will only add the new/changed data.

Status
Not open for further replies.