DSD+: Can't Creat Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Code:
Can't create source audio window (size too large?)
Can't create event window (size too large?)
Can't create channel window (size too large?)

DSD+ v1.051
W10, 64 bit
3840 x 2170 (but I've tried multiple lower settings down to 640x400 with no difference in results)

Rather hampers any attempt to use when none of the module windows appear. :)

Any thoughts?

br0adband

Is this a clean "install" of DSD+ (hate making assumptions so I have to ask) or one that's been in use prior to this attempt and now exhibits the issues you're asking about? Also, are you just using dsdplus.exe from the command line meaning just that to start it with no command line parameters/switches at all or are there some switches in use?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Clean install. No switches. Was running SDR#, first (and have installed the VB. cable), but also happens running DSD+ by itself (I know it won't do anything useful w/o SDR# running first, but just trying to isolate components, and it seems to be purely a DSD+ issue unrelated to any other running program)

br0adband

Obligatory solution: have you tried deleting what you've got now and grabbing DSD+ again (the archive) and giving it another go? Or perhaps giving an older version an attempt to see if the issue is there as well?

I have to say that in all my use of DSD+ since it first appeared I personally have never seen such issues mentioned by anyone, can't say for sure what's causing it in your specific situation (even with that high resolution display you apparently have based on what you stated).

Also, you said you're using DSD+ 1.051 and the latest public release is 1.101 which should be newer based on the version number - I have no idea what the present fast lane donation version build/version happens to be, unfortunately. But definitely grab the latest one (1.101) from the DSD+ website and see what happens, can't hurt.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Yes. Full delete and re d/l. I'll 1.101 now and check...
Done.

Improvement, but not complete. Now I get the Event window, but still:
Code:
Can't create source audio window (size too small or too large?)
Can't create channel window (size too small or too large?)

Event window is tiny

br0adband

Well that's one for the books I suppose. ;)

Hopefully DSDPlus (the developer and member here) might chime in on the issue(s), been almost a month since he/she/it last checked in however so don't hold your breath.

Perhaps, and I'm saying perhaps if you create a proper command line for dsdplus.exe forcing the windows to specific positions and sizes that might help - I don't use DSD+ very much these days as 99% of the stuff I monitor regularly is still analog but I'm sure someone using it will have more info on that aspect. The documentation included with DSD+ can provide some info in that respect as well (but you already know this).

Good luck...

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Paul what resolution are you running on your PC? Are you using a batch file to start DSD+ and if so what are the window size switches you are using?

SCPD

QRT
Paul - what is your screen DPI setting?

I think Windows 10 allows for 100%, 125%, or 150%.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Ok sorry don't know why I didn't see that info the first time.

Other bonus is with 1.101 you can lose the whole virtual audio cable and SDR# mess and just use FMP.

slicerwizard

Event window is tiny
Didn't notice that comment before.

Sounds like you should be playing with these options:

Code:
-wsl<v>.<h> Source audio waveform window location [-wsl10.10]
-wss<h>.<w> Source audio waveform window size (0.0 blocks) [-wss200.300]
-wsp<num>   Source audio waveform window update period (10-1000) [-wsp100]

-wel<v>.<h> Event log window location [-wel50.50]
-wes<h>.<w> Event log window size (min ?) [-wes400.500]
-weh<num>   Event log window font height [-weh15]

-wcl<v>.<h> Channel window location [-wcl90.90]
-wch<num>   Channel window font height [-wch15]
The channel and event windows default to using a 15-pixel high font. That's going to look tiny on a 3840x2170 display. See how 40 (-weh40 -wch40) looks and adjust up/down from there. You'll have to bump up the event window size to compensate. 15 to 40 is nearly 3x, so go from the default 400x500 to about 1200x1500 (-wes1200.1500)

The error message says the windows might be too large or *too small* - have you tried forcing them to be larger? Something like -wss500.500 (or larger) for the audio window? You can't specify the channel window size, but using a larger font should make it bigger.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
dsdplus -weh40 -wch40 -wes1200.1500 -wss400.600

With the above, I get the audio and event windows (readable). Still no event window, but wondering how important that one is. I haven't really started to play with this yet other than just trying to get the components talking to each other somewhat.

Voyager

I use -wel0.0 -wsl450.0 -wcl420.0 -wss200.300 -wsp100 -wes400.600 -weh15 -wch15

That gives me readable windows except that the scope is 'behind' the Channel Activity once the activity window is populated. But, at that point the scope doesn't matter since it's working.

I set the main window to the lower left of the screen so it's below the scope window. That must be set in Windows since there is no shortcut for that for DSD+.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
A correction: It is the channel display doesn't appear. The audio and event windows do appear. With my settings, they are viewable.

Voyager

It starts out very small until it is populated. Could that be the reason?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It isn't created at all (error on startup). I am getting results (DMR messages, but no decoded audio, yet). Probably get better results under controlled conditions at the office using the Tytera to get things started. Not sure if no audio is due to bad setup or bad signal. I can control for signal at the office, at least.

br0adband

Going completely off base here but but but... could your interest in using DSD+ for DMR/TRBO be a hint of things to come? You mentioned having a Tytera at the office (assuming the Uniden offices) - afaik Uniden doesn't make any DMR/TRBO capable hardware (at least not yet), one wonders why you might have a Tytera at the office (hint, hint). :D

<don't hate on me, just thinking out loud there for a second...>

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Example of what I'm seeing, now. Making some progress...

Attachments

• dsdpic.jpg
    dsdpic.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 627
Status
Not open for further replies.