London Fire - Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon Ladies and Gents.

New to digital programming. My father is on London fire, and I would like to be able to scan them. I have purchased my subscription to be able to pull frequencies from RR. I am using FreeScan to program, and am programming a 396XT.

From what I am reading, they are under the London Public Safety system? I should leave all 4 Tower and Site selections checked, and deselect everything but FIRE in the group box, then IMPORT the file, correct?

Once back in FreeScan, is it as simple as uploading it to the scanner, or is there other modifications/selections to make in FreeScan?

Thanks for your time,

Jay

mciupa

You could assign a System Quick Key for London Public Safety and a Department Quick Key for the Fire Service.

I figured that once I get the system on the scanner and working correctly, I would screw around with all that stuff.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything in FreeScan or the Scanner its self that I had to change or reconfigure in order to make it work as it should. This is the first digital system that I have attempted to program. i would like, in the future, to add OPP and EMS.

thanks for the reply mciupa
Jay

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Nope, nothing special that you need to do. And you really only need to use Site 1 (the other 3 sites only carry fire traffic as units roam around to those areas).

ldnontscanner

My father is on London fire, and I would like to be able to scan them.

When you're out of the signal area, you can also listen online at London Fire and Public Works

Talkgroup priority is set to Altering (you'll always hear page outs) then TAC channels then the dispatch channel then any other talkgroup on London Public Safety. It also shows metadata with appropriate programs & mobile apps so you can read who is talking at any given point.

Have fun listening!

Thanks to everyone that chimed in. Later that day (the day I posted the question) I was down around the Rannoch/St. Marys area and was picking up London Fire loud and clear on my newly programmed scanner. I guess I'm just asking too much to be able to pick them up at home in the Exeter area. Might have to try an external rooftop antenna and see if that helps any.

Was also picking up the digital side of OPP too, but once I am back in the Exeter area the signal must fall off, or there are no towers around this area.

Jay

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You shouldn't have any issues picking up Fleetnet in Exeter with a decent antenna. Your best bet for a tower would likely be Ipperwash or Stratford. If you are using a handheld that will definitely hamper your range though.

Status
Not open for further replies.