Strange TGID EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

psionx

Hello all,

In my bcd536hp in discovery on edacs provoice I am capturing a tgid that looks like this... i500

Also have other simular captures and they do have voice.

So can anyone chip in to what these mean?

I was expecting a format of "00-000 and i have no idea what
The "i" and following 3 digits mean.

Mods if wrong forum i apologize.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
That's a direct call from the initiating radio to the radio with LID 500.

Uniden loves the term 'iCall' for that feature. Every manufacturer has a different name for it. Universally, however, the feature dynamically creates a talkgroup for which the only participants are the initiating radio and the target radio, allowing a private call to occur across the system from one radio to another while using the system infrastructure.

psionx

Thanks for the replies. So i should keep note of these, like these are not dynamically created id's and radio specific?

Also as a note i heard a voice on them them that is saying

"test tone, test tone, do not respond fire station #, this is a test tone only"

So is this somehow a direct link to a specific station?

Also would i/can i add these id into the scanner as they appear or is it just a capture that i can not program into the scanner based on the diffrent format?

Again txs for the help

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. So i should keep note of these, like these are not dynamically created id's and radio specific?

Also as a note i heard a voice on them them that is saying

"test tone, test tone, do not respond fire station #, this is a test tone only"

So is this somehow a direct link to a specific station?

Also would i/can i add these id into the scanner as they appear or is it just a capture that i can not program into the scanner based on the diffrent format?

Again txs for the help

I am sure was a direct connection from dispatch to the fire station through I Call if there was an i in front of the number. The I Call number might be different next time, not sure since I only experience I Call a few time on the system I listen to. The radio tech turn the I Call off on the system since I Call will take up a repeater.

psionx

I am sure was a direct connection from dispatch to the fire station through I Call if there was an i in front of the number. The I Call number might be different next time, not sure since I only experience I Call a few time on the system I listen to. The radio tech turn the I Call off on the system since I Call will take up a repeater.

Well thanks for the info and greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
If they're testing station activation over EDACS, or testing connectivity with a control station installed at the firehouse, they could easily have done a direct call to that specific control station (base radio) so they don't blast the whole dispatch net with what should be a low-profile test.

DisasterGuy

It is pretty common to use icall for station alerting and siren activation. The radio will provide an active low (or high) upon I call receipt with minimal programming.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.