POCSAG on 157.450 (Hudson County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2asb

I've been monitoring a POCSAG transmitter that puts in a strong signal here in southern Hudson County. The transmission starts with the usual pager sounds, a female computer voice announces a number, and then more pager sounds. The cycle keeps repeating, counting up to 40 or so, and then resets to zero.

Since this is a medical paging channel, I'd imagine I'm hearing Bayonne or one of the other local hospitals. Just curious if anyone has any specific info on the transmitter.

Steveradio

Sounds like your picking up Luzurne Co Pa WPQB579 its the county fire\ems alert frequency we often pick up transmissions clear as day from your neck of the woods as well.

kc2asb

Sounds like your picking up Luzurne Co Pa WPQB579 its the county fire\ems alert frequency we often pick up transmissions clear as day from your neck of the woods as well.

Very interesting, thanks! The signal is full quieting on my BC890XLT & an outdoor vertical, but can still be heard on a 1978 vintage Pro-2001 with only a simple back of the set antenna.

W2SJW

Database Admin
No, that's not Luzerne. I'm in that area constantly for work & they do not use an automated dispatch system. I'd agree that it's most likely a hospital paging system.

10-10

Probably Englewood Hospital (WNUA631). They have a paging transmitter on that freq.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kc2asb

Based on the signal strength at my location, Englewood Hospital makes sense. There is at least one other paging system on this frequency and there is frequent overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.