Freq that Lee county dispatch for Park Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRamrod38

Would like to know what Frequency Lee County Uses to Dispatch Natchez Trace Park Rangers from 12am-6am on.

TRamrod38

thanks for the reply but i have those but it say that Lee County dispatches to the Park Rangers from 12am-6am in the clear

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Lee County Communications Dispatches on the Trace Freqs and unless things changed recently, they are in the clear during those few hours. Once dispatch is returned to Fed control, the encryption is turned back on. Lee County Communications has MSWIN, and VHF radios. Lee County ops are 99% on the MSWIN, with 1 % on conventional VHF, and does the dispatch for the NTNP for those short few hours overnight on the P25 VHF system. NTNP also does interop with various SO's and PD's along the route on each agencies systems in the clear. With MHP and many others now using MSWIN, I am not clear on if they have patches now to the NTNP system. I have heard that NTNP was to get MSWIN radios, as were USMS, FBI, ICE, DHS, USFS, etc... No one has as of yet found any NTNP TG's on the MSWIN. I personally used to monitor the NTNP interopping with Jefferson County SO, Hinds County SO, Madison County SO, on VHF. When Hinds went to its TRS, there was an patch in place on the SO's TG's when they needed to talk to NTNP. MHP used to talk to them on 155.4750, and on MS's State High Band for LE on 155.4900. MHP rolls on parts of the Trace at least on the Northern portions. Adams County SO also used to roll on portions of the Trace down South.

All the Counties along the Trace also interop with the NTNP firefighters, especially for grassfires/wildfires as they often spread beyond NTNP land pretty quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRamrod38

Lee County Communications Dispatches on the Trace Freqs and unless things changed recently, they are in the clear during those few hours. Once dispatch is returned to Fed control, the encryption is turned back on. Lee County Communications has MSWIN, and VHF radios. Lee County ops are 99% on the MSWIN, with 1 % on conventional VHF, and does the dispatch for the NTNP for those short few hours overnight on the P25 VHF system. NTNP also does interop with various SO's and PD's along the route on each agencies systems in the clear. With MHP and many others now using MSWIN, I am not clear on if they have patches now to the NTNP system. I have heard that NTNP was to get MSWIN radios, as were USMS, FBI, ICE, DHS, USFS, etc... No one has as of yet found any NTNP TG's on the MSWIN. I personally used to monitor the NTNP interopping with Jefferson County SO, Hinds County SO, Madison County SO, on VHF. When Hinds went to its TRS, there was an patch in place on the SO's TG's when they needed to talk to NTNP. MHP used to talk to them on 155.4750, and on MS's State High Band for LE on 155.4900. MHP rolls on parts of the Trace at least on the Northern portions. Adams County SO also used to roll on portions of the Trace down South.

All the Counties along the Trace also interop with the NTNP firefighters, especially for grassfires/wildfires as they often spread beyond NTNP land pretty quickly.
So what Frequency they use the 163.025 or they use a different Frequency during those few hours.

TRamrod38

I had the Rangers in my home patrol 2 and was on the trace the other week, maintenance is clear but law enforcement isn't. They were operating on the MSWIN 700 MHz system and encrypted.

Be safe

What Frequencies are they using on 700 and what is the maintenance frequency

INDY72

On VHF at night - 163.02500 and 162.16250 for Rangers/Fire only clear during late night.
Full Encryption during day when Federal is dispatching. On MSWIN use the Lee County sites and surrounding ones for that end of the Trace. If they are running encrypted on MSWIN you can't hear them anyway. MississippiPI what TG's do NTNP use?

VHF Mntnc sides:

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Yes, NTNP are encrypted except for a very short time overnight (about 5/6 hours) when they are dispatched by Lee County Communications (Lee E-911). During that time they run in the clear. Once Park Dispatch takes over each morning, the encryption is turned back on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.