New Medevacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

Helicopters often use Sat phones. You won't be able to monitor those.

Next up is Aviation AM radios. In metro areas look to 123.025 for Helicopter to Helicopter communications - They'll speak to each other when coming in to Helipads.

Quite a few have the State DTRS, with some even having their own talkgroups. Usually they just have the talkgroups for the agencies they'd do scene calls for programmed without any kind of license. But I'd bet more don't, then those that have dedicated talkgroups.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
CareConnect 1 uses DTRS for hospital communications on the hospital TGs. They might also use what I guess is AirMed 6 (2813) for communications, but I have yet to see or hear any voice activity on it. It might be hard to catch since they are so remote.

AirLife 73 uses DTRS for their communications center on AirMed 2 (2809). AirMed 2 is used almost exclusively by AirLife 73, likely due to its remote location. The rest of the AirLife helicopters still hang out on MED-9 (462.950) when they can.

radio

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info.

I hear Memorial MedStar on DTRS Cheyenne Mtn and VHF. Flight for Life VHF and sometimes on DTRS.

I'm surprised they cannot patch to EPFD Red or a C channel. Stac D is only good within a couple of miles of the scene.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Stac D is primarily used for LZ coordination, so the couple miles works fine.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.