436/536 - Can you adjust setting from computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
Can you get to all the settings and options from the Sentinal software or do they have to be done on the radio. I know about the Storage mode and Serial and thought putting in it serial mode would do it. I did not see any options in the Sentinal menu to change the settings.

Newbie 436/536 owner.

budevans

Can you get to all the settings and options from the Sentinal software or do they have to be done on the radio..

Most if not all are available from the Profile. Accessible from both the Menu Bar and the two Icon Bars.

Menu Bar: Edit - Profile

1st Icon Bar: it's the 4th icon from left to right.

You just need to play with it for a while. Click on the Menu or Icon's. For Favorite Lists, be sure to select the Favorite List first.

Have fun.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Can you get to all the settings and options from the Sentinal software or do they have to be done on the radio. I know about the Storage mode and Serial and thought putting in it serial mode would do it. I did not see any options in the Sentinal menu to change the settings.

Newbie 436/536 owner.

In addition to what budevans said, the radio must be in Mass Storage mode for Sentinel to work. Give your computer a minute or two to assign a drive letter to the 4 or 536.

Most can also be done via Sentinel with the MicroSD card in a card reader.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber

Newbie 436/536 owner.

If I'm reading your post correctly... You are asking if the scanner can be in serial mode and controlled thru sentinel remotely...

No it can not... Although... "Proscan" software has an awesome remote interface to do that. But it's not free...

Status
Not open for further replies.