Siren App

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
So, are there plans to add more controls to the Siren App? I have it in infrastructure mode right now, which would mean I could mount my 536 back in the car remotely and keep my iphone on the vent mount to control the radio, and use the amplified speaker to the front. I guess what I was kind of hoping for was remote volume control for the radio.

Voyager

Haven't seen much progress on Siren - likely because the repair campaign is taking up a lot of resources.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
That's a shame, because as much as I like the HP-2 in the car, the 536 blew it away as far as the receiver. Well, retirement is still five months away...here's hoping!

omrail

The understanding I have is there was to be more but who knows. I don't think the repair campaign would hold it up as the repairs are done by Saddle Creek as per the address.

I gave up much hope and if Uniden does something them fantastic and if not then what ever.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to see a version for Android, myself.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
So, are there plans to add more controls to the Siren App? I have it in infrastructure mode right now, which would mean I could mount my 536 back in the car remotely and keep my iphone on the vent mount to control the radio, and use the amplified speaker to the front. I guess what I was kind of hoping for was remote volume control for the radio.

You can probably do some searching and see what Upman has said about upcoming features. It sounded to me like most of them will related to infrastructure mode, such as being able to listen to you home scanner via the internet. About the only one Access Point related is full menu control.

As one who has used the Siren App as you describe, for about as long as it has been around, I agree not being able to control the volume via the app is a pain. Would also be nice if you could power down the scanner too.

It's been a pretty long time since Upman has given us an update on Siren App development process. It would be nice if he would and nicer if others were nice to him when he did so.

Status
Not open for further replies.