Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgman

Okay I have a question. I have Win500 on my laptop that crashed. Since I have pass word and log in can I reinstall the program on another computer or do I need to buy the program again.

Thanks
Don

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
You should be able to register the program as long as you have the Name and Key information.

burgman

Got it but where do I log in. I went to the site but can't see where one logs in. I don't want to buy it again don't want a free trial just want to log in and download to my new computer.

budevans

Ok will try to download the software and see what happens.

You download the program from the web site. Then run/setup the program.

On the right upper corner of the screen you will see Help. Click on Help and the last item is License Key. Click on License Key. Enter the License Key.

burgman

Okay at the registration area I need to either one pay by credit car or two use pay pal. I can't continue there unless I do one or the other then after that I can run the software

burgman

Maybe I'm on the wrong site. I typed in win500 opens up to a page in the middle of the Page Win500
Under that is data Management, monitoring and control software for Whistler WS1040 and a bunch of outer scanners then under that is Win500 Version 2.08 and there is a download which I clicked on window comes up Open
What do you want to do with Win 500 zip
Three options Open Save Save as
I hit Open from there several items come up but nothing that says run

budevans

Maybe I'm on the wrong site. I typed in win500 opens up to a page in the middle of the Page Win500
Under that is data Management, monitoring and control software for Whistler WS1040 and a bunch of outer scanners then under that is Win500 Version 2.08 and there is a download which I clicked on window comes up Open
What do you want to do with Win 500 zip
Three options Open Save Save as
I hit Open from there several items come up but nothing that says run

You (download) Save or Save AS, the zip file to your PC.
Once on your PC you should be able to double click on the Zip file to open it.
Select the files and copy and paste them to a directory of your choice (such as the Temp directory). Once the files are in the (Temp) directory you chose, you can do the install.

One step I forgot to mention, right mouse click on Win500.exe. A menu will open, look for Send To. Slide you mouse to Send To, a window will open to the right side. Click on Desktop (to create a shortcut). That will put the Win500 program Icon on your desktop.

Once the Win500 icon is on your desktop, double click on it. Then look to the right upper corner, click on Help, License Key. Enter your license key. You should now be good to go.

Last edited:

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Okay at the registration area I need to either one pay by credit car or two use pay pal. I can't continue there unless I do one or the other then after that I can run the software

You can run the software for 30 days without purchasing a registration key. After that, you have to buy the key.

n5ims

Also, you really should READ the Win-500 terms and conditions PRIOR to registering the program. It's the page that displays when you click the Register link, and prior to you getting to the page where you actually register and purchase the software. Some key points are below:

•By registering, you acknowledge that you have taken the time to use Win500 with your PSR-500 or PSR-600 during the 30-day free trial period and that the software works to your satisfaction.
•We do not issue refunds once a registration key has been provided, except in cases of obvious, accidental, duplicate registrations. We don't issue refunds to users who simply "can't get the software to work" - that's what the trial period is for. If the software doesn't work for you, please don't register it.
•All customer support is via email: Win500@starrsoft.com
•When you register, you will be issued a unique key that will allow Win500 to run past its 30-day trial period. DO NOT LOSE THIS KEY. You will need it any time you wish to install Win500 (new computer, new operating system, computer crash, etc.). We do not re-issue registration keys apart from the initial email.

Especially note the phrase (in all-caps to let you know it's important), "DO NOT LOSE THIS KEY". This key will be emailed to you once you've registered and paid for the software. This key is valid and required for as long as you have the software. If you upgrade, the key will probably just move over to the new version without you needing to reenter it. If you migrate to a new computer (or after a disk crash requires a new hard disk on your old computer), you'll need the key to reactivate the software. Don't expect to get a new key if you lost it, chances are it won't happen. If you really need a new key, prepare to pay full price for this replacement key.

Save the e-mail with that information is a safe place. Print a copy of that e-mail and place it in a safe place. Forward the e-mail to all of your other e-mail addresses. Copy the key information (actually the full text of the e-mail would be best) and place that text file on various USB keys and store them on your key-ring, safe deposit box, gun safe, and any place else you might think of.

The special information you must be sure to keep safe are the full text after the following key words:
Name:
Key:

The Name field will contain your full name, e-mail address, and mailing address.
The Key field will contain your software key.

Be aware that "Name" must be entered as is in the e-mail. Capitalization is important. Spaces are important. Punctuation (if any) is important. The full field from the start of your first name through the end of your zip code will be required. It's often best to copy/paste this information so an electronic copy is good to have.

Sorry if this sounds like a lecture, I do not intend it to be one. There just have been way too many questions asking "how do I get a replacement key" and disappointed users when they find out that one won't be provided. A little care up front will prevent that issue in the future.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
It's pretty obvious our friend burgman is just a little confused.

You can't open a web browser and "log in" to Win500. The ONLY thing you need to do there is download it.
Download the software from the provided link on the website.
Install it on your computer.
Then enter your registration (login) information in the software running on your computer.

reconrider8

LOL download the 30 day trial which is really just 30 days of the full version. thats when/where you enter the license key. NOT ON THE WIN 500 SITE

Status
Not open for further replies.