Training course

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanPlc

Checking to see if there is a place to take a training course for the newer scanners, if not what is the best way to learn the different ways to program them, and set up your favs and so on.

ab5r

I doubt seriously there is such an animal for "all" scanner, maybe even one. Check the WIKI section here on this site for a great deal on information.

Good luck.

stmills

I am not aware of any, your best options are either to attend the next scanner group meeting- discussed in another thread- I believe they are looking at a March Meeting - usually held in Eagan- a bit of a drive for you. You can also see if anyone near you is willing to meet you for a 1 on 1 tutoring session.

stmills

I can try and give with some help getting set up I am somewhat familiar with your area, not as much as the West Metro but I have been using the Unidens on ARMER for over 10 years now.
What model are you using?
What towers are you monitoring?
What agencies do you want to monitor?
Are you more interested in making sure you hear all the dispatches, car to car traffic, Law Enforcement, fire or EMS priority?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Youtube has several interesting videos. You can do a search for your model scanner as well as the programming software.

SeanPlc

I can try and give with some help getting set up I am somewhat familiar with your area, not as much as the West Metro but I have been using the Unidens on ARMER for over 10 years now.
What model are you using?
What towers are you monitoring?
What agencies do you want to monitor?
Are you more interested in making sure you hear all the dispatches, car to car traffic, Law Enforcement, fire or EMS priority?

I have a uniden trunk tracker IV, i guess at this time i would like to get just Chisago co, i know they run back to back with Isanti co also, i would like to monitor dispatch and car to car and law enforcement for these areas. I have it programmed not but i have to keep locking out the county snow plows and road crews.

SeanPlc

I was able to get it reprogrammed to just isanti/chisago co, i will see if it picks up as much as it was before, seem a lot quieter for sure. How would i go about programming car to car for this area?

JASII

Memory Capacity
Training Course

.....How would i go about programming car to car for this area?

I would encourage you to try TRUNK SEARCH rather than TRUNK SCAN. That way you should hear all of the un-encrypted traffic that comes from your site(s). Then, when you hear something that doesn't interest you, simply lock it out. You might be surprised what comes across your site(s) when you use the TRUNK SEARCH mode!

SeanPlc

I would encourage you to try TRUNK SEARCH rather than TRUNK SCAN. That way you should hear all of the un-encrypted traffic that comes from your site(s). Then, when you hear something that doesn't interest you, simply lock it out. You might be surprised what comes across your site(s) when you use the TRUNK SEARCH mode!

I wil try the trunk search and see what that does, thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.