Florida Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
I'll be spending some time in Key Largo and the surrounding area in a few weeks. Just wondering if everything is encrypted or there is something to listen to. Being from New Jersey , I'm not familiar with the area.
Thanks
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
A quick look a the db for Monroe county shows no encryption, This was true last summer when I spent time in Key Largo and Key West. Used site 7 when in KL and could receive most of the county comms

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
The Monroe County system is mostly unencrypted except for a few investigative talkgroups. Law Enforcement and fire dispatch channels are simulcast on all sites throughout the county. However, tac and records channels are usually only broadcast on whatever sites the radios are affiliated with. As mass-man said, site 7 covers the Key Largo area. Happy listening.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks ! Now the only question is should I bring the 436 or HP2. A good problem to have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
Keys

I was just there Jan 26-29 in Key West had no issue monitoring fire and police there and all of Monroe County on the entire length of the Keys. Using my 396xt, lots of medical calls, not so many fires

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Thanks ! Now the only question is should I bring the 436 or HP2. A good problem to have.

We'll be seeing our coldest weather of the year this weekend. Below zero here in Pa. That 70 for Christmas Eve seems eternities ago and makes a trip to the Keys sound wonderful. Have fun while down there. If you have the room why not take both? Program one for fire-EMS and the other for PD. That way you won't miss anything!

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget there's more stuff to scan down here besides police/fire. There is a military training area (Tarpon) which is active almost daily. There are federal and state parks, Ocean Reef community public safety and obviously lots of marine traffic to name a few. Heck, if you're into aviation, you can even catch traffic entering/transiting Cuban airspace. I can fill you in on the frequencies if interested.

ecps92

FEDS ? :confused: There are FEDS in FLA ? :cool:

We now return to the frozen New England regions :p

Don't forget there's more stuff to scan down here besides police/fire. There is a military training area (Tarpon) which is active almost daily. There are federal and state parks, Ocean Reef community public safety and obviously lots of marine traffic to name a few. Heck, if you're into aviation, you can even catch traffic entering/transiting Cuban airspace. I can fill you in on the frequencies if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.