help with dsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

firewop

Premium Subscriber
i have an sdr r820t2 sdr running sdr sharp ,but i cant get the dsd+ software to work with it. any help would be appreciated

reconrider8

first are you getting signal into sdr#?
second do you have vb cable?
third post a pic of what you have.
if you have 1 and 2 i can help you get it running. if not get that right first
what type of system are you trying to decode?

firewop

Premium Subscriber
my help

yes im getting a signal for my sdr # yes i have vb cable im trying Motorola smart zoneII

Attachments

• SDRTTT.jpg
    SDRTTT.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 376

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker is much more suited for monitoring new talkgroups and such. You can use Unitrunker with a SDR however you need two of them. One for the Control Channel and One for monitoring voice channels for that type of setup. There is a youtube video I know to show you how its done.

firewop

Premium Subscriber
dsd

but how do i get the dsd to inteface with my sdr#?

firewop

Premium Subscriber
thanks

that video explained a few things i wasnt doing

even slight PPM difference will give you enough errors while decoding or no signal at all even youre on the right freq.. chech your PPM always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
Parts per million. The R820T dongles tend to drift off frequency and need to be corrected by using the frequency correction function in SDR#. Click on the gear icon on the SDR header. A screen will pop up "SDR controller". At the bottom of that screen, you'll see a small window with a label next to it that says "Frequency Correction". Adjust that up or down until you are on the correct frequency.

For the connection to DSD+, you have to make sure that the audio output of SDR# matches the input of DSD+. The way I found it easiest to find this is to just run the DSDPlus command from the DSD window. it will show you the audio input and output options. Then you type the one that matches in using the -i switch when you start up DSDPlus.

This video does a good job explaining how to connect DSDPlus to SDR#.

https://youtu.be/A2tpDhnuRHY

There is a lot of trial and error, so don't get frustrated.

I also found out today, that the FMP part of DSDPlus does a much better job of processing signal from the dongles than SDR# does.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Since we're on the subject manner. With DSD when someone downloads it, but has the same problem as mentioned before ( opens DSD and it closes immediately) saying Lame_Enc is not installed. Now I know Lame_Enc is in a file. Once someone clicks on it and quickly downloads it and it still does that saying needs Lame_Enc. Whatndoes one do then?

slicerwizard

lame_enc.dll is in the "DLL Package" download at dsdplus.com

All of those DLL files just go into the same folder that you put all of the other DSDPlus files in. Then you just run DSDPlus normally...

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
lame_enc.dll is in the "DLL Package" download at dsdplus.com

All of those DLL files just go into the same folder that you put all of the other DSDPlus files in. Then you just run DSDPlus normally...

So what your telling me is: just download the DDL files along with DSD Plus and I should be good to go? Or, do I have to copy and paste all the DDL files to DSD Plus for DSD to recognize they exist? Cause I've downloaded both before ( no copy and paste thing) and I still get an instant " you must download lame_enc" but if what your saying is true I already have. I've even went as far as to open the lame_enc link and physically download it ( which I think does absolutely nothing at all cause the computer sure as sh** doesn't recognize its download)

Status
Not open for further replies.