• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

thinking of getting xts3000, need help with picking right flashcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

hou30guy

Im thinking of getting a astro xts3000 model 2, i seen 3 of them all with different flash codes, wondering which one is worth getting my money, what i wanna do is program it to listen to my local police and fire and ems, like a scanner does, but for more reliability and not miss any transaction. I figured if i get what the real cops is using then the possibility of missing action will less likely occur. The pic is attached with the codes. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-10-10-09-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-10-10-09-52.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 533

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved to Motorola forum.

Please review all the available forums before posting to make sure you've picked the correct forum. Thanks.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Im thinking of getting a astro xts3000 model 2, i seen 3 of them all with different flash codes, wondering which one is worth getting my money, what i wanna do is program it to listen to my local police and fire and ems, like a scanner does, but for more reliability and not miss any transaction. I figured if i get what the real cops is using then the possibility of missing action will less likely occur. The pic is attached with the codes. Thanks for the help.

If it's for Humble PD a XTS3K won't work. You will need something that does P25 Phase 2 TDMA and a way to program it.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
If it's for Humble PD a XTS3K won't work. You will need something that does P25 Phase 2 TDMA and a way to program it.

This... Humble is using the Phase 2 side of TxWARN. A 3000 is not compatible. You are best off getting a scanner.

You would need a Motorola APX line radio to listen to this. With that said, as I told someone yesterday, if you can't answer the basic questions to what you would need to do this and how to do it then you don't need to mess with using a radio that can actually transmit on the system by accident. It's one thing if you know what your doing but not everyone does. Not trying to be a jerk, just calling it how it is. And aside the unlawfully transmitting on the system/getting your radio bricked by the system admin, you could potentially get someone hurt/killed.

Check out Uniden's Phase 2 scanners and the database on here. Some of the stuff on TxWARN is encrypted. A scanner will run you considerably less money than what a Moto APX will cost.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Check out Uniden's Phase 2 scanners and the database on here. Some of the stuff on TxWARN is encrypted. A scanner will run you considerably less money than what a Moto APX will cost.

And will not miss much on a TDMA system. CQPSK LSM (the waveform scanner listeners hate) is only used in that pure and annoying form on Phase I FDMA systems. TDMA uses DQPSK, which is very similar but is decoded much better by scanners.

hou30guy

I will have a shop in spring tx call communication commmand to program the radio, they do all the tow trucks, i wanted hpd, harris county sheriff and constables, and local ems thats it dont really care for humble pd. I do have a rs pro 106 and rs pro 668 i listen to too already, just kinda wanted the real radio if that makes sense

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
xts3000

Programming a radio is more complicated than the scanner. You may need certain data that usually requires permission from the department you want to monitor. The radio can usually be programmed wth transmit prohibit, but that is only one step of the process.

hou30guy

If tow trucks can listen in to police traffic why cant this radio do the same, i dont care for scanning like a scanner, i wont be the one programming it, a shop that motorola certified will be programming it, i dont wanna pay extra if i dont have the right flashcode so thats why im making sure i have the right flashcode, now if i need to find a better radio for p25 phase 1 and tdma then what radio u recommend. I dont really think police in houston is using phase 2 but i could be wrong

Aero125

I figured if i get what the real cops is using then the possibility of missing action will less likely occur.

I doubt any major department, especially Houston still uses an XTS3000. It looks like they are in fact P25 Phase 2 with some encrypted channels so I also believe a newer model Phase 2 scanner is the best bet. You should check with your local radio shop to verify what your options are. Don't let the radio shop overcharge you for programming and shop around for an XTS3K deal, they aren't very expensive since they haven't been sold for many years.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
Parts of TxWARN are Phase one and parts are Phase 2. I can confirm that Houston PD is running Phase 2.
HCSO is mostly Phase 1 and EMS is a mix of Phase 1 and Phase 2.

ETA: Most of the TxWARN system falls under this plan at the moment. Layer 1 and 2 talk groups are Phase 1 where Layer 3 talk groups tend to be Phase 2.

hou30guy

I was told by the shop hpd wasnt phase 2, weather its true or not i think he also some of they channels is still anolog and or phase 1. Ill be checking out the other radio series yall referring to, is there a special flashcode i need to be looking for on the xts3k, or apx series

hou30guy

My rs 668 is kool tho just the battery life sucks even with eneloop rechargeable batteries, that radio hogs batteries

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Well if it is phase 2 you're wanting to hear then you'll certainly need an apx. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's probably not too terribly many phase ii flashed apx's on eBay. Also last I checked, and I'll admit it hasn't been recently, I don't think anyone has got an apx to do non-affiliate monitoring yet. I may be wrong but everyone I know doing it is using an xts.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Xts 3000. And yeah 1800 is cheap. Phase ii is the latest and greatest... As is the apx. So you get the latest and greats pricing. That's why people buy scanners.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
There are some dispatch channels that are patched over to Phase 1 talk groups. However, it's possible that these are not full time patches and/or only active if a authorized radio is on the talk group.

Status
Not open for further replies.