Windows 10 will keep spying on you no matter how hard you try to stop it

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

"When you boot up Windows 10 for the very first time, you have the option to customize several settings related to the collection of data from Microsoft's servers. You can stop your machine from sending contact and calendar details, typing and speech data, location data and even error and diagnostic reports. Unfortunately, no matter how many boxes you uncheck, Microsoft is still going to collect information from your computer, whether you know it or not." -- FoxNews.com

Windows 10 will keep spying on you no matter how hard you try to stop it -- FoxNews.com

moonbounce

"When you boot up Windows 10 for the very first time, you have the option to customize several settings related to the collection of data from Microsoft's servers. You can stop your machine from sending contact and calendar details, typing and speech data, location data and even error and diagnostic reports. Unfortunately, no matter how many boxes you uncheck, Microsoft is still going to collect information from your computer, whether you know it or not." -- FoxNews.com

Windows 10 will keep spying on you no matter how hard you try to stop it -- FoxNews.com

I wonder what all of the police agencies are doing to shield themselves? By policing agencies I mean Iterpol, FBI, CIA, NSA. DEA etc....

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I'm primarily a Linux user, but I do have a laptop with Win10 that I use now and then.

To me, Android causes the most concern. When I load stuff on my phone, many of the apps seem to want access to my contacts, my location, my accounts and other sensitive stuff.

I think if you want true security, you have to stay off the net completely.

nd5y

The link I posted had a link to this article
Is Windows 10 telemetry a threat to your personal privacy? | ZDNet

Disabling windows updates just because you don't want 10 automatically installed is not a good idea.
If you don't want (or aren't smart enough) to selectively install only security updates then there is a freeware program for Windows 7 & 8 called GWX Control Panel that can disable the Windows 10 update and removes any of it that was already downloaded.
Ultimate Outsider - Software Downloads
There are probably other similar programs available.

Last edited:

lgentle

Been using Windows 10 since it was available. Who's NOT spying on someone these days?! Time to just deal with it, or live under a rock. No, tin-foil hats don't work. :roll:

RayAir

Don't worry if you use Windows 7 or 8. MS has your back and has been installing updates onto Windows 7 and 8 that introduce the same data collection and tracking features used in Windows 10:

Updates:
KB3068708
KB3022345
KB3075249
KN3080149

You can supposedly opt out of Windows CEIP. I did and disabled them in the task scheduler too.
I'm using 7.

Last edited:

delaware74b

KB2952664**
KB2990214
KB3035583*
KB3123862
KB3112343

* This is the one that puts the 'Get Windows 10' notification in your notifications.

**This one currently has 16 revisions. Remove it, close Installed Updates, reopen Windows updates, repeat until all gone.

Everything except KB3035583 sends telemetry to MS.

Make sure the Recommended Updates checkbox in updates is cleared (Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates). This is the big thing to prevent Win10 from installing itself, but MS has been turning it on to force Win10 on customers. You should check it every time Win7/8/8.1 does updates to keep it off. I have had one computer had it reset AFTER I had cleared that checkbox, then the MS updates came down and turned the checkbox on.

I can't take credit for this list. It comes from another forum that I am a member. Here is the full article:

Win7 updates for upgrading to Win10 - Badcaps Forums

Last edited:

KB0VWG

I am converting my computers to ubuntu well at least a couple of them, and the rest on windows 7 and maybe 1 or 2 on win10
kb0vwg
wqoi992

rwier

The link I posted had a link to this article
Is Windows 10 telemetry a threat to your personal privacy? | ZDNet

Disabling windows updates just because you don't want 10 automatically installed is not a good idea.
If you don't want (or aren't smart enough) to selectively install only security updates then there is a freeware program for Windows 7 & 8 called GWX Control Panel that can disable the Windows 10 update and removes any of it that was already downloaded.
Ultimate Outsider - Software Downloads
There are probably other similar programs available.

THANKS!!! for GWX Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.