CHP CAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys. In another post that I had read on here (I don't remember what post) a while ago, someone posted a link to a website displaying a CHP incident page (https://cad.chp.ca.gov/ this page is awesome because it's similar to looking at a CAD. I'm posting this because I was curious if there's possibly anything else like this for any other agencies in the Bay Area? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

kma371

QRT
There's an app called pulse point that shows fire/ems calls. It covers alameda and contra costa county

norcalbusa

PulsePoint only works about 1/2 the time in my county- there are gaps for several hours every day (until someone figures it out and kicks the server or something). Been unreliable for at least 8 months, PP says "thanks" but has never fixed it.

PaulNDaOC

PulsePoint only works about 1/2 the time in my county- there are gaps for several hours every day (until someone figures it out and kicks the server or something). Been unreliable for at least 8 months, PP says "thanks" but has never fixed it.

Not sure if this has anything to do with your issue or not, some agencies have only certain type of calls go out on pulsepoint others don;t filter at all. May explain gaps.

norcalbusa

Not sure if this has anything to do with your issue or not, some agencies have only certain type of calls go out on pulsepoint others don;t filter at all. May explain gaps.

I appreciate your input Paul and understand what you you said- its a valid thought. Sadly, the entire feed for our community goes dead. Over 90% of the calls are medical, pretty much everywhere it seems.

I don't know if its a PP problem or a feed problem from the E-911 dispatch- I get the impression neither does the two agencies. Santa Cruz County dispatches for my county- and all the SC agencies PP looks to be working fine.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I appreciate your input Paul and understand what you you said- its a valid thought. Sadly, the entire feed for our community goes dead. Over 90% of the calls are medical, pretty much everywhere it seems.

I don't know if its a PP problem or a feed problem from the E-911 dispatch- I get the impression neither does the two agencies. Santa Cruz County dispatches for my county- and all the SC agencies PP looks to be working fine.

It might have to do with agreements between San Benito County and PP. Also, might just be a failed connection and no one feels like fixing it.
The FireDispatch.com page pulls a feed out of NetCom for Santa Cruz County Fire and it's been working fine.
There have been plans to do some major upgrade work at NetCom including updating dispatch consoles. Not likely the cause since the FireDispatch.com links haven't gone down and I haven't heard of any projects to change out the CAD system.

bharvey2

I'm within "spitting distance" of TwelveAdamFour and I've never heard of PulsePoint. (Not that the two points are related) How is Pulse Point updated? Does it require user intervention (a data entry person) or does it gleen info directly from the CAD system?

norcalbusa

It might have to do with agreements between San Benito County and PP. Also, might just be a failed connection and no one feels like fixing it.
The FireDispatch.com page pulls a feed out of NetCom for Santa Cruz County Fire and it's been working fine.
There have been plans to do some major upgrade work at NetCom including updating dispatch consoles. Not likely the cause since the FireDispatch.com links haven't gone down and I haven't heard of any projects to change out the CAD system.

^ That's what I think too.

PaulNDaOC

The info comes from CAD and the agency can elect to send out the incident types it chooses or may elect to send out everything. The costs are bared by the local agency not pulse point.

Status
Not open for further replies.