Sentinel question - opening a sent FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Someone has sent me a favorite list from an x36HP scanner to review. The favorite list has an .hpd extension on it, just like all my FLs in my Uniden folder for the x36HP Sentinel program. However, I do not see anyway to open that file within my Sentinel. I see import .hpe file, but nothing about how to open and .hpd file that someone has sent me for review. Has anyone done this, and if so, how is it done. Thank you.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
W8RMH
Thanks. I tried that, but when I open import, it doesn't allow me to see any HPD files. Only HPE files. I tried changing the extension to .hpe but when tried to open, corrupt. I will keep trying. Thanks for your input.

Steve

Voyager

Have the sender send you an HPE file (not HPD) using FILE then EXPORT TO HPE FILE.

You can then import it using FILE then IMPORT FROM HPE FILE.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Duh, why didn't I think of that? Makes sense and is the answer. Thanks much Voyager. Would the same be true for an entire profile with all FLs included. Wonder then if you could just then open , say one of your profies, together with all FLs, into my Sentinel. Or, would you still need to send each FL, or perhaps the entire profile, as an HPE export.
Interesting and I learned something. With BUTEL, can import HPD file, but your limited to up/ downloading one FL at a time. Thanks again Voyager. You do provide help to a lot of folks.

Voyager

FLs are not stored in or as part of the profile, so you would have to export each FL individually.

The profile only stores the list of FLs (but no data) and stores the settings in the profile itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.