Radio Monitor Meeting, Sun., 03-13-16 5 PM To 7 PM Bloomington Davanni's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
As posted above, this is now official. There will be a meeting Sunday, March 13, 2016, at Davanni's Pizza, Bloomington. From 5 PM to 7 PM. The street address is 8605 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington, MN 55420, Phone 952-888-6232. To give people a general sense of where this is, it is a few blocks south of I-494 and a few blocks east of I-35W. They also assured me that they do indeed have free wifi.

With regard to the location, the Eagan store was unavailable to reserve due to a remodeling project. Given the nature of that project, they couldn't tell me when it would be completed.

If anybody is interested in an official (or unofficial) talk in frequency, I can probably line up 146.700. Please let me know if that is of interest to you.

Please consider bringing your equipment to show off to others. I am always interested to see how each receiver performs on the ARMER system.

Also, if someone were to be interested in bringing along an item or two for sale or swap, that would be fine, too. I might just bring along a Motorola XTS5000 that I have been think about selling.

If someone wants to post this on the 146.760 Saturday morning net or the 146.850 Sunday evening net, that would be just fine. I can do it or, if someone here wants to volunteer to do it, please let me know.

https://www.davannis.com/location/bloomington/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...2!3m1!1s0x87f625a57f487b0d:0x9ec6d9756e5008f7

n0xvz

Premium Subscriber
Off topic, but I just wanted to add that I'm so jealous that y'all are going to Davanni's! Always try to get to one when I'm in MN.

JASII

Memory Capacity
By any chance, would anybody that is planning on attending, happen to have any D-Star, Fusion, DMR, or other digital mode VHF/UHF gear to bring and demonstrate?

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I have all three, the fusion radio is a mobile installed in the car though, but I can bring a D-Star and DMR handheld.

SCPD

QRT
Off topic, but I just wanted to add that I'm so jealous that y'all are going to Davanni's! Always try to get to one when I'm in MN.

Your not missing much, as they are not good as used to be. At least they are accommodating for the Radio Monitor Meeting though.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I just called to confirm and we are still good to go at 5 PM.

StevieD

Ok I'm heading there in a little bit. Would anybody have a 436hp or 536hp with them, I'm thinking of picking up one, like to see up close and see what your thoughts are.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I just want to thank everybody who showed up yesterday. It was great to see everybody and I enjoyed the good chow. Let's talk some more about how soon we want to do this again and where. So far, it seems like people are satisfied with Davanni's, so that leaves where and when.

I also know that the Bloomington location works well for Matt, since working with transportation issues is a challenge. Selfishly, if we do Bloomington again, I can always justify a trip to Micro Center before!

On the other hand, we a couple in Farmington and me in Rosemount, Eagan is close. Who came from the furthest away? Was it Hugo? I am also aware that long trips can be a hassle sometimes.

Should I post a list of Davanni's locations? Maybe that will help us pick.

CFARBER

Premium Subscriber
I really enjoyed seeing all of you again. I always learn something new at the meetings. I think it would be helpful if we find a Davanni's location that fits North, South, East and West of the Metro so there is not someone that has to keep driving long distances and also so everyone has a chance to get to a meeting. Hope this helps.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Let's post what city we live in to help determine a location for the next meeting. I am in Rosemount. I know we have a couple in Farmington. One in Hugo. One in Minnetonka. Matt, NØTNL, is in Bloomington. Mike is in Brooklyn Park.

I did try the below sites just using Hugo and Farmington. One of the Davanni's that appears nearest that midpoint is south of I-94 and White Bear Avenue. Perhaps that would work for another meeting.

MeetWays - Halfway point between hugo mn usa and farmington mn usa - Find a point of interest between two addresses

Whatshalfway.com - Find great places to meet or stop halfway

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
We have had one in the past at the Davannis on Lexington in Shoreview. Thats the closest to Hugo. Otherwise centrally located is always a good thing too. There one in Roseville off 36 has a meeting room.

Also JASII I saw you in a pic from the hamfest on the MN DMR webpage.

SCPD

QRT
Just throwing it out there, any thought of doing some kind of live webcast for people who can't make it. Maybe just show anyone showing off equipment,. Don't care to see people eating though. If someone is speaking or demonstrating gear that would be excellent. The webcast could be made private if necessary. Wish I could be there but work on Sunday's and usually alone in the Headend so I could watch it with nobody bothering me. I could even have a Davanni's order delivered (best cheese bread in town) so it would be like being there :).

Glad everyone had a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.