mandatory one minute "outage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathancarlson

While monitoring Longmont Police this evening, I heard the dispatcher announce that they were going to have a "Mandatory statewide radio outage" for one minute at 20:00 hours. I didn't find anything online about this. I have not ever caught any other agencies doing this, but I'm led to believe that it is a statewide procedure (based on what the dispatcher said). I assume that they would do it in the middle of the night if it is mandatory, and that may be why I have never noticed it. Just curious if anybody has heard other agencies doing this, or any more details as to why and what procedures they follow. I didn't hear any radio traffic during that one minute. I'm not sure what they do, and if they go offline at all or just go silent for that minute.

dw2872

We had it in Zone-4 and I am hearing they also had it in Zone-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
More like a 48 second outage, but who is counting? I was, oddly enough, staring at Pro96Com while it happened and was wondering why it looked like the site was in the middle of restarting. I thought it was isolated until I heard about sites down South grinding to a halt as well.

kma371

QRT
I didn't hear any radio traffic during that one minute. I'm not sure what they do, and if they go offline at all or just go silent for that minute.

The can still most likely dispatch calls via a mobile data computer, just the radio system needed to be down.

Status
Not open for further replies.