• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Minitor V Microphonics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I hope someone can answer as well. I have three v's but only one does it and it's super annoying.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have tired putting various amount of foam between the speaker and the receiver/rest of the circuitry without much success. Maybe slight improvement.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have tried various different thickness foam. What type of density or how porous is the foam you have used?

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I am putting the foam in the right place... Right? Between the speaker and the circuit board? Obviously there is no foam in this picture other than the small piece of factory foam on silver shield.

25289c9c98ce23987b6ddc91735a71a2.jpg

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
When I get home I'll take look at the thickness I used.
Yes this is the correct place.
That aluminum plate on the circuit board side. Cover that entire plate with foam

Sent from my XT1097

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Could this broken screw mount cause the front and back cover to become just loose enough to cause the problem?

f0907f5eb72a2313156041a985c379f2.jpg

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
Highly unlikely.
The audio amp is picking up the speaker's vibration and causing the feedback. Hints why it does it when the volume is increased

Sent from my XT1097

Wiregeek

I wonder if some high density foam - I'm thinking dynamat, or even mouse pad rubber, would help.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
It looks like the manufacturer (Unication) uses a fairly thin piece of high density foam as seen in the picture. Maybe just double the width of that?

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
I'd start with double and try it.
How much of the area did you cover?
I can't find my torque bit to get the case off right now..lol

Sent from my XT1097

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't use too much, the housing may not seal correctly. Make sure you get a good seal all around the housing so water doesn't ruin the internals.

Sent from my XT1097

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
uploadfromtaptalk1455771477480.jpg
This obviously isn't the same pager but I put rubber or foam (which ever) In the purple areas.
The blue arrow points to the intentions the speaker left on the factory rubber if you can see it or not.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT1097

Status
Not open for further replies.