New YVR DMR Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Does anybody know if the new MotoTRBO DMR trunk at YVR can be monitored by programming up a Motorola XPR6580 radio for recieve only? I have no desire to transmit on the trunk but I understand that the radio may wish to affiliate with the trunk.

dwc

Database Admin
They are running MotoTRBO Connect Plus. I believe you would need the Connect Plus upgrade and/or option board in that radio.

Muffin

More Specifically

Thank you - I gathered that LoL!! Perhaps I wasn't specific enough in my line of questioning - It is my understanding after reading a number of different threads that the radio affiliates with the system and the system has the ability to lock out a particular radio (ie. one that isn't part of the "authorized" users). I don't want to spending a wack of money without doing my due diligence first

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The radio has to be entered into the system database before it will work.

However, you can enter the frequencies in as conventional and scan it that way.

dwc

Database Admin
Thank you - I gathered that LoL!! Perhaps I wasn't specific enough in my line of questioning - It is my understanding after reading a number of different threads that the radio affiliates with the system and the system has the ability to lock out a particular radio (ie. one that isn't part of the "authorized" users). I don't want to spending a wack of money without doing my due diligence first

You would be better off using the latest DSD+ fast lane and a couple of RTL dongles.

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
Yes, program as conventional channels and you can monitor traffic. Using dongles or a TYT with modified firmware might be the better options.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

RayAir

Motorola radios aren't exactly great for passively scanning a Connect Plus System but if you want a portable solution instead of being tied to your computer it will work somewhat.

Program all the frequencies in twice, once for each slot but leave out the control channel (usual TS:1 of the control freq).

Program in all the TG's to your digital receive list and assign it to each channel.

You'll be limited to 16 TG's.

Muffin

Thank you - worth a shot. There are generally less than 16 emergency-type frequencies worth monitoring anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.