Fire tone-out search

Status
Not open for further replies.

magician1073

Have a BCD996P2. To obtain the Alert Tone frequencies for the Fire Tone-Out; do I just 1)set up the voice frequency, 2) leave the alert tone(s) blank, 3)then hit Function then hit SQ to get to Tone-Out Search screen showing the blank A and B tone and just wait for a alert. I can't figure out if I need to do something else.
Thank for any help.

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried to google fto frequencies kinda worked for me

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Youtube has a couple of videos on doing Fire Tone Out search. While the scanner models may be different, the FTO search is similar.

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
I'm finding that fto here in oklahoma seems to be very scariced

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

magician1073

Think that I found it.

Using the setup that I described, the scanner sat over night and the display is now showing 350.1 Hz and 1034.8 Hz as the A & B Tones. Loaded them into setup and now we wait for another call out.
Thank to everyone for your help.

Michael-SATX

Let me translate those captured skewed tones to valid tones ...

Using the setup that I described, the scanner sat over night and the display is now showing 350.1 Hz and 1034.8 Hz as the A & B Tones. Loaded them into setup and now we wait for another call out.
Thank to everyone for your help.

Please alow me to translate those skewed captured tones to actual valid Motorola Pager tones for you ...
Who needs that pesky doppler effect anyway ... Let me call up my pager PPS software and validate ;)

Captured Tone A of 350.1 - So you would actually program Tone A as 349.0 in your Tone-Out Standby
Captured Tone B of 1034.8 - So you would actually program Tone B as 1034.7 in your Tone-Out Standby

Below is the program I use that has a handy built in auto-correct feature~ ie "Measured" vs "Standard" :)
I also love the "View Log" feature that lets your click on the A&B tone entry and hear the dispatch audio.

Attachments

• CommTekk Multi Decoder Post.PNG
    CommTekk Multi Decoder Post.PNG
    77.7 KB · Views: 827
Last edited:

Voyager

I wonder what table they are using for "standard" and can you add other tones to it?

magician1073

Fine tuning the tones

Thanks guys for the help. I found a chart on the net yesterday giving the actual Motorola tones and adjusted them according. I found two more last night and they also needed to be adjusted slightly.
My thanks to all that helped me out.

Voyager

That answers half the question. Can you add other standards to it? They have nearly all, but not all.

cpd327

I too have the Uniden BCD996P2 and am wondering about Fire Tone Out on a Motorola Type 2 trunked system. Will this scanner work with that? If so, what's the trick?? Thank you!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might check to see if your area may still use a conventional frequency for tone and voice paging.

I've seen a number of agencies who retain a conventional frequency for this purpose and patch it to a talkgroup on the trunked system. That way dispatch information is broadcast over both systems.

If that is the case for you, just set the conventional frequency up as your fire tone out channel.

NYRHKY94

My area does exactly what ofd8001 states above. There is a conventional frequency for County wide fire paging, which is also patched to a talk group on the county wide P25 system. I set up my BCT15X to sit on the conventional analog fire paging frequency in Fire Tone Out search mode so I can capture the page & associated tones for all fire stations & medic units in the county. Works very well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.