Worcester P25 System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moto_Dan

Premium Subscriber
I saw that the simulcast site is up for Worcester on the Commonwealth P25 system. does anyone have any of the new talk groups or is it still to early for that?

ecps92

System is still being built out.
Right now it appears to be patched Commonwealth TG's to give it some activity

I saw that the simulcast site is up for Worcester on the Commonwealth P25 system. does anyone have any of the new talk groups or is it still to early for that?

State Commonwealth buildout

How far is the Worcester site coming along? I seem to pick up Local Public safety 7 and two numbered TGID's, so when will the Worcester site take the old EDACS system's place?

garys

Premium Subscriber
The short answer is when it's done. The longer answer is when the infrastructure is built, the consoles are installed, and all of the mobile radios and portables are installed and programmed.

How far is the Worcester site coming along? I seem to pick up Local Public safety 7 and two numbered TGID's, so when will the Worcester site take the old EDACS system's place?

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing Worcester FD Dispatch regularly - TG 4439 I believe. The only other one that appears to be on is LOPS-7 as mentioned above...

garys

Premium Subscriber
Bill's link as answer is less than illuminating so let me give it a shot.

As the lawyers would say, "It depends."

From what I understand, the public safety Motorola trunks all share the same Motorola Astro 7.1 trunking core. That includes analog and digital trunk systems.

From what I've been told, Phase II systems are backwards compatible.
The 700 Mhz Overlay in the Greater Boston area is mostly Phase I, but there are several (mostly encrypted) Phase II talk groups. The limiting factor seems to be that many of the portable and mobile radios are not Phase II capable

My guess is that the Worcester system is Phase II capable, but will mostly have Phase I talk groups. At least so far, from the few active talk groups, that is.

If your question is whether or not you should buy a Phase II capable scanner, I would say yes.

This page has some good information, but since the system is still building out, it's not 100% accurate.

I hope that helps.

Is Worcester's New System Phase-1 or Phase-2?

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
Phase I and Phase II

As Gary said - it is both. I have seen Phase 2 TGs on the new Worcester system, and they don't appear to be encrypted - yet. However, I can't identify them as I am using DSD+ (which so far doesn't decode Phase 2)

Thanks,

Bill

ecps92

Do you have TG's that are Phase II ??

The DB only get's updated when users contribute/make a submission, if the RRDB entered Phase I when it is Phase II, it's only because that is what was submitted.

As Gary said - it is both. I have seen Phase 2 TGs on the new Worcester system, and they don't appear to be encrypted - yet. However, I can't identify them as I am using DSD+ (which so far doesn't decode Phase 2)

Thanks,

Bill

ecps92

Not sure how much illumination needs to be put on
System Type: Project 25 Phase I
right in the header :confused: of the RRDB, right in the link provided

If it's Phase II and folks have knowledge of it, make a submission for the DB to be updated. However the only TG's Reported have been Phase I :roll:

Bill's link as answer is less than illuminating so let me give it a shot.

As the lawyers would say, "It depends."

From what I understand, the public safety Motorola trunks all share the same Motorola Astro 7.1 trunking core. That includes analog and digital trunk systems.

From what I've been told, Phase II systems are backwards compatible.
The 700 Mhz Overlay in the Greater Boston area is mostly Phase I, but there are several (mostly encrypted) Phase II talk groups. The limiting factor seems to be that many of the portable and mobile radios are not Phase II capable

My guess is that the Worcester system is Phase II capable, but will mostly have Phase I talk groups. At least so far, from the few active talk groups, that is.

If your question is whether or not you should buy a Phase II capable scanner, I would say yes.

This page has some good information, but since the system is still building out, it's not 100% accurate.

I hope that helps.

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
Bill,

The TGIDs with no identification are no good to anyone... As soon as I get close enough to use my 536 or 325 I'll be able to identify them... right now I can only listen to the Phase I TGs as stated above.

On a side note - someone just updated the DB with TG 227 as FD OPS C - but I'm hearing it on TG 4439 - what gives?

Thanks,

Bill

Do you have TG's that are Phase II ??

The DB only get's updated when users contribute/make a submission, if the RRDB entered Phase I when it is Phase II, it's only because that is what was submitted.

ecps92

Incorrect as to No Good, Yes the RRDB Admin's won't add them till they are identified.
It is a start, always post/share. Intel is sharing. Someone could create a Wiki to track them and others might know, chime in.

Sorry, no idea about the RRDB (Not an Admin)

Another good source is
Worcester TRS Information - Scan New England Wiki

BTW if anyone catches it both SNE and the RRDB at
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=26397 need the NAC info for this Zone

Bill,

The TGIDs with no identification are no good to anyone... As soon as I get close enough to use my 536 or 325 I'll be able to identify them... right now I can only listen to the Phase I TGs as stated above.

On a side note - someone just updated the DB with TG 227 as FD OPS C - but I'm hearing it on TG 4439 - what gives?

Thanks,

Bill

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
Bill,

NAC is D16 for this site. Submitted to both RR and SNE...

are all Phase II TGs - I'm seeing them on slots 1 and 2 of 854.4625 and 855.7125.

I believe 4521 is the water dept because I heard it as a Phase I TG yesterday. The techs are playing around with these radios like crazy - so I'm sure things will be moving around for a while...

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:

ecps92

Good info... make sure you send in the NAC to the DB via the Submit button

Some members over at SNE have determined those are (and Phase I not Phase II)
You will notice they go up sequentially (odd #'s only), Phase II (might) go sequentially using both odd and even TG's (still to be determined)
4515 Worcester - DPW - Garage
4517 Worcester - DPW - Sewer Dept
4519 Worcester - DPW - Street Dept
4521 Worcester - DPW - Water Dept
4523 Worcester - DPW - Engineering
4525 Worcester - DPW - Water Filtration
4527 Worcester - DPW - Sanitation Dept
4529 Worcester - DPW - Parking Control
4531 Worcester - Parks Maint
4533 Nothing
4535 Worcester - DPW - Cemetaries
4537 Worcester - DPW - Forestries

Bill,

NAC is D16 for this site. Submitted to both RR and SNE...

are all Phase II TGs - I'm seeing them on slots 1 and 2 of 854.4625 and 855.7125.

I believe 4521 is the water dept because I heard it as a Phase I TG yesterday. The techs are playing around with these radios like crazy - so I'm sure things will be moving around for a while...

Thanks,

Bill

Bmacs

Premium Subscriber
The reason I am calling them Phase II TGs is that they are now showing up on TDMA channels (6.25 KHz wide) - basically half a "normal" Phase I 12.5 KHz channel.

Both DSD+ and Unitrunker confirm that these are TDMA channels. My guess is that there is a mix of radios (Phase I and Phase II) and the system allows them to all communicate on the same TG.

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:

worcnews

Premium Subscriber
All of these talk groups listed have always been P2 sorry i thought you knew when i submitted to SNE. However Fire has been testing Phase-1 Phase 2 and conventional using a mix.

You will notice they go up sequentially (odd #'s only), Phase II (might) go sequentially using both odd and even TG's (still to be determined)
4515 Worcester - DPW - Garage
4517 Worcester - DPW - Sewer Dept
4519 Worcester - DPW - Street Dept
4521 Worcester - DPW - Water Dept
4523 Worcester - DPW - Engineering
4525 Worcester - DPW - Water Filtration
4527 Worcester - DPW - Sanitation Dept
4529 Worcester - DPW - Parking Control
4531 Worcester - Parks Maint
4533 Nothing
4535 Worcester - DPW - Cemetaries
4537 Worcester - DPW - Forestries

hobbes159

Premium Subscriber
Worcester city services live today (8/9)

Apparently today was the switchover from the old EDACS system to the new P25 trunk for Worcester city services and fire. Worcester EMS is included as well, but someone forgot to fund radios for them, so they're working off a single portable radio per truck until the new hardware can be purchased and installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.