OP25

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayaresr

Can anyone shed a bit of light on OP25 for me? I've been working through the rather long forum post about running it that started with someone trying to run it in VirtualBox, and I plan to use it to decode a new TDMA Phase 2 system here when it comes online next week. My main question, is OP25 still available and can someone point me to some documentation on it? All of the links to the website for it seem dead, including those via Google searches. I also don't see any forum posts here from anything newer than maybe a year or so ago.

Thanks,
Ryan

ayaresr

Thank you for that link. Hope to work through getting this setup on an old computer I have sitting idle.

br0adband

I hope you're far enough into that long OP25 in VMware/VirtualBox thread by now to have come to the understanding that it won't work in a virtual machine - the software works, yes, but it produces basically 100% useless audio output that is choppy and unreadable. OP25 must be run on bare metal hardware to get it to work properly start to finish and produce readable audio output so that means you either a) need a machine you can dedicate just to running OP25 as needed or b) set up a dual boot situation realizing you'll only be able to run OP25 some of the time if Linux (any distro) isn't your daily runner OS of choice.

I know you said you have a computer sitting idle so I'll presume that's the machine you intend to dedicate to OP25 which is great for such purposes. As noted in the main long thread, it needs to have at least 4GB of RAM (preferably running a 64-bit Linux distro but it's not absolutely required) - the RAM issue is important however because the compiling process will use as much as it can and if there's less than 3GB in the machine it may crap out and fail during the compiling for some reason related to lack of enough RAM to finish things properly.

KA1RBI

indeed it does appear that the OP25 osmocom site is currently unresponsive (again) (sigh)

I'll see about notifying the proper authorities...

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.