Kansas City Metro Area Fire, EMS, and Police Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feed needs removed or seriously altered, the feed is titled "Kansas City Metro Area Fire, EMS, and Police", but it goes WAY beyond that. It has Kansas City metro along with ANY other agency on ANY system that the scanner can pick up, 1 minute you could be listening to Kansas City Mo, the next St. Joe or wouldn't surprise me if Topeka Ks or Wichita or Nebraska were on there too. There is P25 and Uhf/Vhf all over the spectrum. Also every talkgroup under the sun is wide open. Even does KMCI, and there are already 2 live streams for that. And the person who is providing the feed is the rudest person. You are not allowed to send PM's or you get either ignored or a rude awakening no matter how nice you are.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
This feed needs removed or seriously altered, the feed is titled "Kansas City Metro Area Fire, EMS, and Police", but it goes WAY beyond that. It has Kansas City metro along with ANY other agency on ANY system that the scanner can pick up, 1 minute you could be listening to Kansas City Mo, the next St. Joe or wouldn't surprise me if Topeka Ks or Wichita or Nebraska were on there too. There is P25 and Uhf/Vhf all over the spectrum. Also every talkgroup under the sun is wide open. Even does KMCI, and there are already 2 live streams for that. And the person who is providing the feed is the rudest person. You are not allowed to send PM's or you get either ignored or a rude awakening no matter how nice you are.

What exactly are you contributing to it? Nothing? Do not like it? Too bad. What less on the feed? Put up your own. Frankly you would not get a much nicer response from me no matter how 'nice' you were complaining about a feed you contribute nothing to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nasby

You do realize that the person hosting the feed is not compensated and really doesn't owe you a thing.

QDP2012

• This feed needs removed or seriously altered, the feed is titled "Kansas City Metro Area Fire, EMS, and Police", but it goes WAY beyond that...
    So, the summary of this seems to be: "Feed Title does not match feed content."

• ...It has Kansas City metro along with ANY other agency on ANY system that the scanner can pick up, 1 minute you could be listening to Kansas City Mo, the next St. Joe or wouldn't surprise me if Topeka Ks or Wichita or Nebraska were on there too. There is P25 and Uhf/Vhf all over the spectrum. Also every talkgroup under the sun is wide open. Even does KMCI, and there are already 2 live streams for that
    It seems that the feed-provider posted some more details as to what the feed includes. Here's a quote:
    Secondary Description:
    Includes Riverside, Gladstone,Jackson County, Clay County, Platte County, Kansas City PD & Fire. No Tac or enforcement units. Please make sure that there is actually a problem before submitting a report.​

Feed Notes:

UPDATE: 25 January 2016 - I recently purchased a new HP small footprint PC, due to the old POS Dell giving up its 15 year life. Be patient as I work through getting this set up properly. It will go up and down often, until I get everything adjusted. If you've been listening a while, you will know that it took a long time to get the last PC working properly.

Remember, also, that I do this out of the goodness of my heart and like to provide a FREE service.

Just because there is police activity in the area doesn't mean that you WILL hear traffic. Please check to make sure before you file a report. I listen to this all the time. There IS traffic!

A while back, I upgraded to the new Uniden Bearcat (BC996XT) Digital Trunk Tracking scanner. This has been one of the best investments I have made in years. I decided to run it on my main PC and broadcast through Radio Reference.

After running in to some issues with the main PC running the feed, I put it on a secondary PC that I had laying around, placed a decent audio capture card in it, and set it up to broadcast 24x7.

I have loaded TONS of channels in to it. The large majority of channels transmitted are KCMO PD, FIRE, and EMS.

I transmit from Gladstone, at about NE 67th Street and N. Brighton. ( Not far from the new Police Academy and Shoal Creek stations )

This gives me the ability to provide probably one to the most extensive coverages in the area. Not only do all of KCMO come through, so does Clay, Platte, and Jackson county sherrifs. All of the municipalities are included. I have Gladstone, Liberty, Pleasant Valley, Village of the Oaks, Randolph, and Smithville are all available. I scan the MARRS system and the new statewide Highway Patroltrunked systems, as well as the older analogue channels.

I listen to my feed alot, on my mobile phone, work PC, and at home. Therefore, I make minor changes to the channels and will update the alerts, often.

The Alpha tags are active and are updated on Radio References updates.

A partial list is below. These are the ALWAYS broadcasted stations. More come and go, just watch alpha tags.

Sorry, all. RadioReference terms state not to send TAC units. I am compliant with this. Every blue moon, there is a major operation, and the TAC channel is expanded to the patrol group.

MUNICIPALITIES BROADCASTED (ONLY SOME FREQUENCIES BROADCASTED 24/7 actual broadcast could contain frequencies not listed or not be currently broadcasting areas listed below, strongly reccomend watching alpha tags)

(ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Clay County Sheriff Department
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Platte County Sheriff Department
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Kansas City, MO East Patrol
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Kansas City, MO North Patrol
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Kansas City, MO Central Patrol
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Kansas City, MO Metro Patrol
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Kansas City, MO South Patrol
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Kansas City, MO Shoal Creek Patrol
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Kansas City, MO Traffic
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Kansas City, MO Fire/EMS
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Lee's Summit Fire/EMS
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Riverside Fire/EMS
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Kearney Police
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED Gladstone Police/ Fire/ EMS
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Randolp Police
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Birmingham Police
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) Pleasant Valley Police
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) OakView/Village of the Oaks Police/Fire/EMS
    (ALWAYS BROADCASTED) North Kansas City Police/Fire/EMS
    ( OCCASIONAL ) Jackson County Sheriff
    ( OCCASIONAL ) MCI Approach

I am always available for comments or ideas at vrbrandone@gmail.com

• You are not allowed to send PM's or you get either ignored or a rude awakening no matter how nice you are.

The feed-provider includes an email-address at the bottom of their feed-details section. When you emailed the feed-provider and thanked them for providing a feed to begin with, and then politely asked them to consider either changing the title to match the feed-content, or to limit feed-content to your preferences, what was their reply? (If you share the reply, please also share your original request to the feed-provider.)

(Disclaimer: I do not know the feed-provider, and have no particular interest in the feed itself.)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Off-topic posts deleted.

Thread locked because some people just can't behave themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.