Madison County

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Last I heard they were finishing up approval of sites, getting FCC commsearch fun done.... I think Construction should begin by Summer on new sites etc.... I think they still want to be online by next Christmas? And so far they are not having any issues on the SAFE-T. Which is good when the time comes in the future to fully convert over to it. (Yes that is in the plans, to go with technically an stand alone system running off the IDPS Core... aka System 4.... Then convert it to an SAFE-T simulcast after that is P25.)

Last edited by a moderator:

jtsmith82391

Within the last month the Anderson site has gone into site trunking multiple times. For hours at a time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if APD and AFD plan to join safe-t or just wait for the new system at the end of the year?

jtsmith82391

I think I read somewhere, someone correct me if I'm wrong, Anderson PD/FD are planinng on staying on their current system until the new one is built and ready.

afdscan

Madison Co Communications Center

These photos were posted by the Madison County Emergency Management February 23. Apparently the construction of the new Central Communication Center is on schedule. It will probably be late spring or early summer of 2016 before they can start moving into the new location. They have a few towers to be built as well before they can switch to the new IDPS System 4.

Attachments

• Comm1.jpg
    Comm1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,115
  • Comm2.jpg
    Comm2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Comm3.jpg
    Comm3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,123
  • Comm4.jpg
    Comm4.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,082

jtsmith82391

Dispatch's radios are unable to transmit on the main law tlkgrp. They have moved to ops 1 for now.

afdscan

Communications Center

They are building the tower at the new communications center today. The building looks to be enclosed. I am anxiously awaiting the completion of this project so the IDPS System 4 can be launched.

Attachments

• IMG_2294.jpg
    IMG_2294.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 944

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard. Do you know the location of the Pendleton tower?

It was supposed to be on land belonging to South Madison Schools at their administration center near I-69 and State Road 38. I wonder if the tower already exists and they are just putting public safety equipment on the tower?

afdscan

According to today's Herald-Bulletin newspaper, it looks like it's going to be October before they're going to launch the new system.

retroactiv

Here is a shot of the Pendleton Tower on the ground getting ready to go up from a couple days ago.

Attachments

• Tower 1 Pendleton.jpg
    Tower 1 Pendleton.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 844

retroactiv

Heads up the last tower of the new system is being lifted this Friday and Saturday at the Fire Training center. It's going to be the tallest of the towers at over 400ft. Also an added bonus on Saturday they will be using a helicopter to lift the last sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.