Subway-New York City Transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBWAYMAN

Premium Subscriber
MTA New York City Transit - Subways have recently started using narrowband in outdoor areas of the IND subway. Anyone know what the new narrowband frequencies are? I could not find them in the database.

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
Narrowband

IRT- 161.1875
BMT-161.5125
IND-161.5625

Also I believe when the transit police vacates the VHF and moves to UHF
Train operation will takeover the police VHF repeaters

This is a very strong possibility

n2nov

Are you sure of these freqs? They are within the bandwidth of the current freqs, but off-center. I am not seeing anything in the FCC database for the listed freqs.

MStep

Are you sure of these freqs? They are within the bandwidth of the current freqs, but off-center. I am not seeing anything in the FCC database for the listed freqs.

Good catch Charles. I'm also wondering where those frequencies actually came from.

Matted33

Right now all areas that are outside on the IRT and IND are narrowband, 161.190 and 161.565 respectively. When you program them in your radio, you select narrow instead of wide. PL tones are still the same right now. In the future, PL tones will change on the RX and each division will have its own yard channel (same frequency, different PL tones).

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
The new PL tones will it separate the different lines for example will the J-M lines have their own PL?

Matted33

No, as it is right now, all channels have the same PL tone. Once narrowbanding is completed, each divisions command center channel and trai to train channel will have its own PL on the recive side. Also there will be a Yard channel for each division, again with different PL tones.

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
I understand command center will time change

However for example the BMT Div has more then one control center talking to trains

Will the pl tones on the BMT Div have 7 to 8 pl tones for each line same frequency

As it stands now the channel is horrible with ever line crossing one another

So is this plan directed to eliminate the pile up communications?

Matted33

No, as far as I know there is no plan for that. Every command center console must be able to talk to every area in the division. Also, I believe that IND and BMT consoles can talk across divisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.