ISP District 18 StarCom21 Phase 1 or 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryp2nite26

Premium Subscriber
Could anyone please tell me if the Illinois State Police district 18 (Litchfield) are using StarCom21 phase 1 or 2? I know that they have moved to the phase 2 system, but i read on here that most of the ISP traffic is still on phase 1. Just looking for clarification. Thanks.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Could anyone please tell me if the Illinois State Police district 18 (Litchfield) are using StarCom21 phase 1 or 2? I know that they have moved to the phase 2 system, but i read on here that most of the ISP traffic is still on phase 1. Just looking for clarification. Thanks.

Phase I. Only a few sites/users are Phase II right now, but none of the state agencies are using it yet.

Scott4957

Yeah you should be fine. St. Clair just sound of you is on Phase 2, if you care to monitor them you will have to go with the one of Uniden's scanners. I am in Madison county and bought the 436HP due to St. Clair being on it.

Scott

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was under the impression that Cook county or parts of it were also P2. I'm hoping Illinois holds off for a few more years... 73, n9zas

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
I was under the impression that Cook county or parts of it were also P2. I'm hoping Illinois holds off for a few more years... 73, n9zas

A little bit of the encrypted stuff on zone 5 is, then the non-dispatch NWCD stuff. Everything else is 1. Lake County, whenever it comes online, will be P2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yeah, Like was saying, st. clair has it already. I know a place you can get a new 436HP for 350 shipped. I bought one about month ago and can get the 536 for 405.
I'm reading about too many issues with the xx36 scanners right now to risk that kind of money, I'll probably go with Whistler since they're similar to Gre units. Thanks for the tip tho. :wink: 73, n9zas

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Mine too. I receive everything just fine. Remember folks.....just because they are phase 2 capable does not mean they are using it. Way to many variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.