NYPD to Link Transit Officers and Street Officers with Radio Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith_W7KEW

KC2zZe

So, if I'm understanding the Times' article correctly, when citywide (e.g.: ES, etc.) and precinct (and Housing, I suppose) and FDNY / FDNY*EMS units go down "in the hole" their UHF department radios will continue to work?

If yes, then hallelujah! It's about time...

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
I don't think so! I think that it's just that transit cops are now going to be UHF like everyone else. Other agencies can now use their UHF radios on the transit frequencies that are to be programed into their radios when they go "in to the hole". The transit cops will also have surface agencies frequencies in their radios. The idea is to have one radio.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
So, if I'm understanding the Times' article correctly, when citywide (e.g.: ES, etc.) and precinct (and Housing, I suppose) and FDNY / FDNY*EMS units go down "in the hole" their UHF department radios will continue to work?

If yes, then hallelujah! It's about time...

FDNY Fire already has a subway system. 2 channels in each station setup for local operation.

ems has turned the old Citywide into an ems channel which is Citywide for all stations and controlled by the Citywide dispatcher.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I've been hearing nypd transit loud and clear with the occasional precinct unit for transport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.