Happening in Scott Co?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue5011

I see I got a bunch of logged hits today from Tg 4826 Scott County Sheriff - South. Started about 2:30PM and ended 4:11PM. Radio ID's (i139858, i140982) are from Scott County. Big fire or something going on?

Why this was coming across the Blue Earth tower is beyond me.

mmtstc

Ø
That explains it, Thanks. Been hearing quite a bit on ST TAC 1 the last few days. Saturday there was a lot of traffic on ST TAC 1, I thought it was because the was firefighter training at South Central Tech/ N Mankato.

Generally you won't see training on stac1 as training and scheduled events should go to the highest numbered talkgroup in a series of regional or statewide tactical talkgroups.
The only exceptions are if there is a radio with a limited capacity waiver (Minneapolis police xts5000s have 3 banks of 16 channels available) and don't have room for things like stac12, or perhaps if training with rotor wing (can't recall if aircraft follow the same rules and don't have the Srb standard in front of me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnmoe1

Just out of curiosity, how did you conclude it was patched? Are you using some kind of software that tells this or is it just from listening at the right time?

I can't remember exactly what I did, but I might have typed one of those radio ids you provided into my radio search.

It returned something like the attached image. You can see the same audio happening on Scott North, Scott South and S TAC 1.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 6.39.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 6.39.03 PM.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 87

blue5011

Interesting.

Is that something that Unitrunker, or whatever that program is, will determine?

Seems like a waste of resources to have what is basically happening in Scott County sent to a tower in Blue Earth, 100 some miles away... Almost like some dispatcher hit a wrong "button"...

johnmoe1

Is that something that Unitrunker, or whatever that program is, will determine?
I've never used Unitrunker, sorry.

Seems like a waste of resources to have what is basically happening in Scott County sent to a tower in Blue Earth, 100 some miles away... Almost like some dispatcher hit a wrong "button"...
They were patched with a statewide talkgroup for the helicopter (which I think is sort of an odd choice, an ME Tac would be more usual). Somebody in the Blue Earth area had a radio switched to that talkgroup, so it went over the Blue Earth tower.

blue5011

I should have referred to my logs. It was coming from the Mapleton tower, near Mankato, which maybe someone in that area had a radio on the talkgroup? Or since Rochester dispatches for the Mankato area, would it seem plausible that it came from Rochester ???

I am not following how an individual radio could be "activated" on a specific group. That just ties up too many resources I am thinking.

There was also mid-day activity on ST TAC 1 Monday, Mar 7th. Nothing today on ST TAC 1.

I shouldn't ask so many questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.