Rowan County EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
While passing through Rowan County last month I noted their 155.715 EMS dispatch transmitted PL 4B sometimes and DPL 043 other times. I was chasing trains and didn't have a chance to figure out who was saying what.

The db shows the 4B tone, but I've learned to program everything carrier squelch so I don't miss things which is how I got the other transmissions.

So who uses which? And should the DCS code be entered in the db?

Thanks.

trumpetman

Database Admin
155.715 with DPL 043 is used by Boone Fire. You were probably picking them up.

That's definitely what he was hearing. I get most all of the Watauga/Boone/Blowing Rock channels on a portable down into Charlotte. Rich Mtn is one hell of a site.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
No kidding? At 80 miles distance that is one hell of an alligator because he sounded like he was right in the car with me. This was a Uniden 996XT with a magnetic mount VHF/UHF antenna on the roof, so there ya go.

Thanks!

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I get that problem with Boone and Rowan a lot... I can hear both, even on an handheld.

IcomIcR20

KM4WLV

I live in Rowan County, and monitor EMS on a daily basis (VHF & 800). We get bleed over a lot down here from Boone Fire in Watauga County as others have stated. Rowan EMS uses the PL of 146.2, has for the 20+ years I've been around public safety here. There are times that Boone comes through good enough that it has interfered with VHF paging here where the signal was strong enough that it will partially interrupt the paging tones and they won't activate. 9 times out of 10 though it doesn't cause EMS to miss a call since they're always monitoring their portables as well.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Same thing happens in Cabarrus County.

We share the same EMS frequency with Surry and Rutherford Counties.

Surry has such a strong signal that I pick them up on my handheld scanner by the bed.

I usually don't hear Rutherford till I get past I-77 on I-85 in Charlotte.

We share 155.055 Mhz

David

CFP387

Just saw this thread.....

Back "in the day" our EMS dispatch frequency was shared between EMS, FMO and Animal Control, each having their own PL codes respectively. I, like FD5722, remember well that Boone Fire Dispatch interfered with EMS' dispatching then as well as now on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.