Ulster 155.220

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what is going on with Ulster's Highband dispatch frequency for fire and ems? It sounds pretty bad.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Spec

They seem to have been working on it most of Fri. At one point it sounded like they were working off a portable.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I've heard that they are switching to a simulcast system for Hi Band dispatch. Not sure if that had anything to do with anything.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Works fine here in Greene County now,.,,,,and as a point of interest all Woodstock members need to report Monday 3/21 evening with there old pagers and chargers,as of 18:15 this date

FIRECOM31

Premium Subscriber
Ulster 911 Dispatch 155.220

Ulster County Fire is now in the process of starting to Simulcasting on 155.220 for dispatching to all county Fire / EMS departments . There hoping that by transmitting in simulcast (on all current tower sites ) that they will no longer have to do multi tower dispatches . That by simulcast from all towers sites will cover the Ulster county.
The Low Band (33.48 freq.)Alert channel will no longer be used as of May 2016 . All departments will have to change there Alert pagers and siren control receivers to the VHF Freq. Some departments are purchasing the Minitor 6 pager and I've seen other departments with other VHF brand pagers . Hope this information Helps. Have a good day . Be safe out there . Steven

ff026

Feed Provider
Is this a designed/engineered and purchased simulcast solution? Or a hey let's set the consoles for multi select and transmit on all sites at once?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I know Orange County received a grant a few years ago for a designed/engineered simulcast system but I believe they are waiting on the new microwave system due to bandwidth. The Ulster County news is new to me and recent so I'd be surprised if they beat Orange to the punch. Sounds like a heterodyne mess in the making of they just select all towers and key up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Sounds like a heterodyne mess in the making of they just select all towers and key up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is a true simulcast system, then the transmitters will all have the phase of the carrier synced and it will appear as one carrier to the radio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FIRECOM31

Premium Subscriber
Ulster 911 Dispatch 155.220

Good Afternoon . To answer your question ,Yes It is a plan ,design and engineer system . But like any system . Now that its installed. its time to do the fine tuning and balance the system so it works correctly. One of the problems with a simulcast system ,is the fine tuning and matching of all the transmitters. Otherwise that defeats the purpose of simulcasting system. This is my understanding of how the system works. Have a good day Steven

Spec

As of today there has been a great improvement in the Highland region in the audio department. Sounds pretty good.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I was in Ulster on Friday, for a family members funeral. 155.220 sounded much better in the Highland area.

KC2zZe

Was traveling through Ulster extensively recently. 155.220 sounded great. Got the opportunity to catch a working fire while in the county. Heard references to "par time check" at regular intervals throughout the incident, until Command terminated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.